Canberra-Sydney-Canberra

Todd M

Recently journeyed to Sydney for the hell of it, so I took Qantas both ways this time.

Canberra to Sydney

Date: 02/05/2008

Flight No: QF878

Reg: VH-TJH

Type: Boeing 737-400

Name: 'Falcon'

Seat: 12A

Seq. Number:

STD: 16:05

STA: 16:55

Gate: 12

Dep Rwy:

Arr Rwy:

A nice flight, I was lucky enough to get the Exit row with nobody next to me. Sat around the airport for a while, I had finished work, gone home and came back to the airport to sit down and talk to some of the fellow staff members when they were not busy with other stuff. Also got through a decent amount of pages of Harry Potter. The aircraft arrived, with it turning out to be VH-TJH 'Falcon'. Takeoff was nothing special, smoother than normally with not as much turbulence but very average. Service was started as soon as possible, and was able to partake in two Carman's snacks which come in a little pack. One was lightly seasoned chick peas and the other was a muesli bar. One thing I did notice is that they now have moved onto the new coloured cups and traymats. Looks nice when they are all different colours. The entertainment on this service was the usual Billboard On:Q. Coming into Sydney we tracked a fair way north before looping back around towards the airport. Had beautiful view of the city upon landing, with the Ship Pacific Dawn heading out to see and the afternoon sun glimmering of the harbour and buildings. Has to be the most beautiful approach in the world. My bags were the first out, and as always it was a short walk to my transport home, this time being the expensive train.

Sydney to Canberra

Date: 04/05/2008

Flight No: QF1479

Reg: VH-QOA

Type: Dash 8-Q400

Name: 'Gladstone'

Seat: 18C

Seq. Number:

STD: 12:55

STA: 13:40

Gate: 17 ('Canberra City flyer'

Dep Rwy:

Arr Rwy:

Was glad to have a sleep in following a late night out with some friends, but headed out to the airport after checking in on the internet in the morning. I pre-chose my seat being 18C, as on the Dash 8 it is either row one or Bust. So I like the rear 19CD seats when available. Today they were not so I went second best and chose 18C. Lined up in the incorrect line however, as the hosts were busy and I did not realise there was a seperate Web Check In line until I got to the head of the queue. I only had ten minutes to wait at the gate, however while waiting VH-OEB rolled past in its new livery. Flight boarded, and was uneventful through Takeoff and climb. Service today was once again quick due to the flight time, but was quite delicious. It seems that on QF Link flights they have started or now have only Pink 'Breast Cancer Foundation' Cupcakes which are given as the snack. They were yummy and 10 points to QantasLink for this little addition to their snack list. A Lemonade was also had while onboard. A Bumpy ride into Canberra, riding in over the mountains and quite a hard landing. However a smooth flight throughout!

Some photos from my time in Sydney.

A Malaysian 747-400, a Thai 777 in the new scheme and a Singapore A380-800 rest at their respective gates take from the Observation Deck

An Etihad and Qantas A340 and A330 respectively, rest at Sydney Airport

VH-OEB is passing T3 in its new livery. Doesn't look half bad on the 747

The top 2 pics i am guessing are from the international viewing deck? Its great up there i can spends hours up there its a shame the caffe is never open :cry: but guess that keeps the people away :D Great pictures Todd i love the A380 i am still to see it at Sydney. Did you take anymore?

Cheers Nick 8)