bye bye dialup

Robbo

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Daz, with mynetphone are you locked into any contracts? How long does it take for the equipment to arrive if i was gonner get it?

oh god not another router to configure! Might just use my isp's voip service!

Guest Darren Masters
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Daz, with mynetphone are you locked into any contracts? How long does it take for the equipment to arrive if i was gonner get it?

oh god not another router to configure! Might just use my isp's voip service!

Robbo, no lock in contracts with it. I just pay $9.95/month and then I get 100 free local/national calls. You will get another router so if you need a hand, PM me again

Guest Darren Masters

Glenn, PC Rescue V4.0. Internet Optimizer within that program. It works well. Also, in Firefox, clear cache and saved form information every so often. Other than that, free up some space on drive C of your machine. All will help. If you need a copy of PC Rescue, let me know and I will email it.

Guest Darren Masters

Robbo/Glenn,

Just install it to where you install all your programs on your pc. Don't play around with the other things too much. Just use the function 'internet optimizer', select the service you have, ie, Dialup, cable or ADSL then 'optimize' then also clear your cache down the bottom. After this, re-start your machine. Robbo, seeing as though you have satellite you will have to fiddle around with the settings and see which gives you the best result. I don't know if it will work seeing as though you probably have a different modem all together but try it anyway. Let me know how you go. If it's no good Robbo, I will see if there is a satellite broadband accelerator that is recommended. What these do is tidy settings up to where should be the optimum for your modems.

Guest Darren Masters
Results are around the same but still pretty good for 1500

Hmm, shame they are the same results. I'll forward you another one. Give it a go and see if you get any better. This one is very straight-forward to use. I think it has satellite too so pass it on to Robbo.

:shock: DOWNLOADED 18.5 GIG IN 2 DAYS :shock:

Glad i get the first month free :P

Either way doesent really matter because I dont pay anymore than $50 a month regardless of how much I download :)

Guest Darren Masters

Easy to do Robbo with those speeds :D They will probably slow you down once you hit the limit though to something like 64K

• 2 weeks later...

well I have been having some problems with my satellite speed this past couple of weeks and at times I was at dialup speeds again. All my downloads were also corrupted and I wasted a couple of gig or failed downloads. I even thought it was problems with my laptop and I was starting to worry as it was only new.

Today I received a phone call from technical support and they say its a problem with the ipstar satellite modem that effects vista machines. I have only been having this problem since I got my new laptop with vista. I have been told there is a firmware update and they said leave the modem on all night and they will get the ipstar technician overseas to update the modem firmware through the night.

So I am hoping tommorow I will be back to normal... The technician also said he will reset my usage this month so I will be back at full speed with my full download allowance :D

:mrgreen:

Just received a call from the techs to say its all back working. There are a few minor problems with pages loading but thats proberly due to the bad weather we have down here but overall its all back to normal.