famous aviators

Guest greg

Hi, How about putting Keith and Senya Robey in the list of famous Australian aviators.

I think Keith flew every light aircraft type ever in Australia, and also wrote all technical details on those aircraft for the aviation magazines.I believe his wife Senya had pretty much the most experience on aircraft types for a female.

Greg

Guest g_i_jack029

Yeh, but the closest cadet school is in swan hill :(

bit far from me, i am planning to go there with some other guys in year 12 but, bit far :cry:

Jack...

I am preety sure there is a group in Bendigo..........

I got this off a local Bendigo forum

Entry is by gold coin with all proceeds going to the local Bendigo air cadets group.

Australian Air League

Bendigo Squadron

http://bendigo.airleague.com.au/

where would you be without me Jack...

The Australian Air League:

The Australian Air League is a civilian operated aviation youth organisation, designed to encourage young people in various areas of aviation.

Membership:

Membership is open to the following categories;

* Junior Cadet - 8 to 12 years

* Cadet - 12 to 16 years

* Senior Cadet - 16 to 18 years

* Officer - 18+

Activities:

The Australian Air League services its goal of encouraging young people in aviation by providing various services, such as;

Drill

Members participate in drill competitions to foster self discipline, teamwork and leadership skills. Every year members compete against other squadrons in there state and every 2 years compete against squadrons all over Australia

Physical Activities

To keep our members fit and healthy we participate in swimming carnivals, athletics carnivals, and squadron level sports.

Education

The Air League has a large progressive badge system to encourage members to learn about aviation. Subjects include;

Aero Engines, Meteorology, Aircraft construction, Aero-modeling, Navigation, Space Flight, Aircraft Radio and much more

Air Activities

The Air Activities section has flying schools, experienced pilots and flight instructors to train members to obtain there student, private and commercial licenses. Many members of the aviation community have gone solo with the assistance of the Air Leagues Air Activities section.

Guest g_i_jack029

hmmmmmm, i don't think that that's for me :?

i don't see me wearing tie!! :lol:

toooo formal :P

wait untill you start flying the big birds, your going to have to wear a suit :mrgreen:

I don't mind being in a tie, ask Glenn he has seen me in person wearing a suit #-o :shock:

mate....

Yes I think you would do great with the air cadets. I only have one peace of advice for you, Don't go in there thinking you know everything, always listen to what people say and take in the information you are being given.

You seem to know your stuff, and by joining the air cadets you can not only learn more but you get cheap flight training as its all done within the air cadets :mrgreen:

Glenn's gonner kill me #-o [smilie=sign0006.gif] [smilie=fighting0043.gif]

Guest g_i_jack029
mate....Yes I think you would do great with the air cadets. I only have one peace of advice for you, Don't go in there thinking you know everything, always listen to what people say and take in the information you are being given.

Advice taken!!!

Glenn, if you think this is off topic...your wrong, the title says "FAMOUS AVIATORS"

well, you were just about to growl at him...me :D

just you guys wait, Chuck Yeager will be a thing of the past and that name will be replaced by..... JACK ******

i'll be a Famous aviator, just you wait....until i get the plane out of the ditch at the end of the runway (hey robbo :lol: )

News headlines "JACK ****** circumnavigated his way around Bendigo!"

"This astonishing trip took place in...bendigo, Jack fought his way through Turbulance and Nature calling. Jack is currently in hospital awaiting surgery on his bladder."

"Cleaners From B.A.S (Bendigo Aviation Service) are having trouble cleaning up the mess and removing the odour."

so glenn, there ya have it, it's not off topic and robbo....well don't worry about him :D

Guest g_i_jack029

who else do you plan on putting in the poineers section.......apart from me and my bladder problem :roll:

mate....Yes I think you would do great with the air cadets. I only have one peace of advice for you, Don't go in there thinking you know everything, always listen to what people say and take in the information you are being given.

Advice taken!!!

Glenn, if you think this is off topic...your wrong, the title says "FAMOUS AVIATORS"

well, you were just about to growl at him...me :D

just you guys wait, Chuck Yeager will be a thing of the past and that name will be replaced by..... JACK ******

i'll be a Famous aviator, just you wait....until i get the plane out of the ditch at the end of the runway (hey robbo :lol: )

News headlines "JACK ****** circumnavigated his way around Bendigo!"

"This astonishing trip took place in...bendigo, Jack fought his way through Turbulance and Nature calling. Jack is currently in hospital awaiting surgery on his bladder."

"Cleaners From B.A.S (Bendigo Aviation Service) are having trouble cleaning up the mess and removing the odour."

so glenn, there ya have it, it's not off topic and robbo....well don't worry about him :D

Guest greg

Jack, Dont know how old you are, but take some advice from an old timer regarding air cadets.Look up the Air Training Corps. They are the ONLY aviation cadets which are actually part of and run by the RAAF.

They take people from 14 to 18 years of age, and you can get flying scholarships and have your pilots licence before you leave the cadets. Also, you go away to camps on RAAF stations.PLUS, PLUS, PLUS.

The Air League is OK BUT, IS NOT PART OF THE RAAF.

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

This was a Pilot I knew as a young lass. He used to own the hotel where I lived and it was only recently I learnt his role in the disabling of the Bismark.. This is a link to the story of John Moffat. A truly great and courageous pilot.

http://www.violetdesigns.co.uk/midhurst_ww2.htm

My brothers and I grew up with his daughter, in fact Patricia was in my older brother's class at school.

• 1 month later...