QF 777's?

Guest Chainsaw

Guest Chainsaw

Ok, so the rumours are getting stronger about QF/JQ getting hold of a number of 777's before the end of the year.

One source suggests 773, another 772 airframes. For capacity and economy, I'd go for the 773.

Let's see what everybody can dig up on this. Does JQ have qualified 777 pilots already? Is there anybody in training? Will the planes go with QF or JQ?

My internal source hints that 777's are a go, but that's all they are prepared to say.

Guest g_i_jack029

:? i thought Qantas might have held out and wait for the 787 to come out :?

Qantas 777 :shock: hmmmm, that'll be different!!!

well there ya go :shock:

• 1 month later...

The only people with unspecified delivery for 777-300ER's is GE who have 19 on order.

And with a IAM strike at the moment deliveries of all Boeing Lines are going to go backwards.

J:cool:

• 1 month later...

The thought of QF with B777s is just weird tbh, but that's probably because i would never vision them having the 777. To me QF isn't a B777 operator, stick to those beautiful 744s and A330's ;)

Guest Darren Masters

I think they would look good. I don't mind the 777 at all. Hey J430, is that the J430 from somewhere else you used to hang out? If so, welcome. If not, welcome anyway Quite a few new members popping up and welcome to those too. Sorry...I am off topic (ts ts ts).

• 2 weeks later...
I have a feeling that if they are going to order them that they will go to Jetstsar to compete with V Australia on the Australia to USA Routes.

OMG! 777 in Jetstar livery! :eek: *drools*

:tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest straitman

I don't believe that the B777 is/was ever seriously on the QF/JQ agenda. Not even as a stop gap whilst waiting for the Dreamliner. The logistics of adding the extra type, even for a short period are horrendous ! :rolleyes:

Guest straitman
With all of the talk of pulling planes out of the skies I find it very hard to believe that Qantas would order the Boeing 777. If they were serious about ordering it then they would have ordered it when they placed the order for the Dreamliners.

Absolutely.QF are talking about reducing schedules as the market tightens up but this really works for them and their current severe shortage of airframes. They are still planning to retire the last three 743's in the next few weeks so they obviously believe they have the capacity issues under control.

Gooday Darren.............yep the same Jaba here :biggrin:

ANd lets just hope this place does not go the path of ruin like the other one! What a Joke.

And as for 777's the first of the V Australia a/c is back in the production line and the B1 flight tests are due in the early part of January.

Just hope the VB folk have enough sales to fill them! :eek:

J

Guest Darren Masters

As Glenn said 'not a chance'. Anyway mate, thanks for the info re the 777's. They should look nice in that livery! Anyway, good to have you here. I did miss your humor :biggrin:

Guest Chainsaw
ANd lets just hope this place does not go the path of ruin like the other one!

You gotta just look at my avatar. That tells you something. I may be old, and I'm a gentle beast....mostly

• 7 months later...
Guest B77W

Hi I am only new so i know i will have to earn my spot with Airline news but here goes anyways!

What I have heard with the QF 777 saga is that they have been trying to get a hold of these and were originally going to get 3 spots of a ONEWORLD partner who have now backed down from this idea as these aircraft are very soughafter and there is a rather LARGE waiting list for them and they are being congested with EK and airilines to the likes...

• 1 year later...

777 excellent idea and I personally want to see, but there is no road engineer for the imposition of a new type of this size at this time. Training component and tools alone, combined with the introduction of the A380 would stretch the remaining maintenance dept.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scott fletcher

not a hope in hells chance of this happening, the horse has bolted, the ship has sailed.

theres a better chance of them raising the titanic

• 1 month later...