Remembering the Crocodile Hunter 2 years on

Guest Flying Red Fox

Guest Flying Red Fox

It was early morning (UK time) when i started chatting to member grunt on 6th September 2006, he suddenly told me that Steve Irwin had been killed! :cry: At first i thought he was joking but then he linked his pc to the national news and this Aussie news reporter saying that poor Steve had been killed by a Stingray! I was sort of quiet as i listened to it for around half an hour and felt sad that he had died so young at 44.

I know that he died doing what he loved and that working with dangerous animals was always risky but we will always remember him and his legend lives on.

I wish Animal Planet would do a re run of his shows! Hopefully they will soon.

We will always remember you Steve Irwin, you changed our World for the better!

(Photo from internet copied just to show the photo in IMG)

Guest Darren Masters

2 years already? Indeed we remember Steve. Seems like it was yesterday. It was a shock to hear it and then after was Peter Brock.

I have to say that I used to love watching Steve irwin's adventures in Scotland and where I live now is not that far from his Zoo. No visited it yet though. I felt so sad that day too.. I liked him, his sheer enthusiasm for his job.. I know he had tv cameras rolling but still he just came across as really caring about the environment. Long may it continue in his name. We have a Steve Irwin Way named after him.