VH-OQA 5 Jan 09

Guest Chainsaw

Guest Chainsaw

It's now 11:07pm and she is still lit up. They sure are burning the midnight oil there. Either that, or some cleaner forgot to turn the lights out!!

It's now 11:07pm and she is still lit up. They sure are burning the midnight oil there. Either that, or some cleaner forgot to turn the lights out!!

What are you doing up at 11.07pm Chainy? Way past your bed time isn't it? :lol:

When the curfew at Sydney Airport starts at 11pm each night, do the jets have to turn their APU's off or are they able to leave them running?

Guest Chainsaw

10:58pm OQA lit up as QF12 LAX-SYD. Been like this for many hours. Lots of training going on.

Dan, it's never too late for plane watching. I was listening to Sydney ATC when Ambulance 25 came on took off from Orange at 10:50 and headed to Sydney for a landing on 16Right just after curfew time. I ran outside and watched her go over, then listened to approach etc Good stuff :)

Guest Chainsaw

PP shows she has lifted off! 148kts 2228ft. I think this is an error. Nothing on ATC and still the same speed and height after 5 mins. They really must be having some fun pushing buttons.