"ramp rash" rife in NZ

nzom_pilot

2 "ramp rash" incidents have hit NZ in recent days.

On Friday 16-Jan ZK-SJE a NZ733 was hit on the ground in Wellington causing a gash rumored to be 4ft x 2ft. It is still on ground in Wellington while repairs are undertaken. Not sure what type of ground vehicle hit it or where the gash is.

In the early hours of Monday 19-Jan Singapore Airlines B777-200ER 9V-SVA operating SQ281/282 sitting at the gate, was hit by a catering truck which ripped a door off, believed to be Door R1. This is now sitting in the NZ MX hanger awaiting repair.

Guest Darren Masters
In the early hours of Monday 19-Jan Singapore Airlines B777-200ER 9V-SVA operating SQ281/282 sitting at the gate, was hit by a catering truck which ripped a door off, believed to be Door R1. This is now sitting in the NZ MX hanger awaiting repair.

Oh no, not SVA :frown: Keep us posted.

Oh no, not SVA :frown: Keep us posted.

Definately not the best airport for SVA, 1st the engine incident then the ramp rash! Oh well, she departed 22/01 as SIA282F, in convoy with SVF operating the scheduled SIA282. Not sure if she had passengers or was just an empty repositioning flight.

SJE is still parked up at Wellington - appears her damage was caused by a baggage trolley!!

Guest Darren Masters
Definately not the best airport for SVA, 1st the engine incident then the ramp rash! Oh well, she departed 22/01 as SIA282F, in convoy with SVF operating the scheduled SIA282. Not sure if she had passengers or was just an empty repositioning flight.

SJE is still parked up at Wellington - appears her damage was caused by a baggage trolley!!

I wish I had been up. Would have been good to see them in company. It overflies my place early hours of the morning the following day and Singapore 281 normally overflies my place at 1845 daily. My favourite overfly to observe.

quote from an industry insider on another website re SJE being hit at WLG

That would be SJE. It's currently undergoing extensive repairs. It came very close to be written off due to the damage location.

looks like 9V-SVA got off lightly compared to SJE!

update on SJE

SJE will be repaired enough to be flown to the ANZES base at CHC for serious repair work to be undertaken - looks like NZ will be down a 733 for quite a while - especially since its been 11 days and she isn't yet ready to leave WLG.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darren Masters
I keep forgetting to mention Darren, SJE re-entered service at the end of January

Thanks mate Just noticed this thread again.