Live Stream

Robbo

Hello

Darren you can probably help me here, I am setting up a radio stream of the scanner on the air2air bushfire aircraft frequency however as soon as i plug the scanner into the laptop its noisy !

Guest Darren Masters
HelloDarren you can probably help me here, I am setting up a radio stream of the scanner on the air2air bushfire aircraft frequency however as soon as i plug the scanner into the laptop its noisy !

Noisy like what? Feedback? That will be a soundcard issue.

Guest Darren Masters
could it be because im not near the airport?I can hear all the approach control etc etc though.

No it should work. Make sure you have line-in selected as the recording source (or mic depending on how you set it up).

Can only plug it into the mike jack in the front, I go into sounds and it says the mike is working, and in PDW I am not sure what setting it should be as it has earphones, discriminator, tape/rec, speaker or custom not sure where it should be

needle always moves even if its not plugged in..... in the speaker icon down in the right corner of windows has no mike option so had to go into control panel and do it there and i know the mike is working cause i record stuff in sound recorder

Darren

Seems to have the paging decoder worked out so I am guessing acars will now work to. I had the DB turned up to high and it was causing to much noise. I have managed to decode a heap of pagers :)

Guest Darren Masters
DarrenSeems to have the paging decoder worked out so I am guessing acars will now work to. I had the DB turned up to high and it was causing to much noise. I have managed to decode a heap of pagers :)

Paging seems to work ok with this program, yes. It is the ACARS it seems to have trouble with. I gave up trying to use that program to decode ACARS. I found that ACARSD, although hard to set up initially, is alot better than the other program.

Just got all the stream software from Dave at liveatc. now i am waiting for our it tech to see if he will let it bypass the firewall because it is blocking it !!!

Hope I can get it going, all depends if it will be allowed via the network

Daz.

Something weird is going on with PDW tonight, last night it was bringing all the ambo pagers up now everything seems to be corrupted, see the image. Last night the ambos were on the data rate 512 however the **** is on 1200

Guest Darren Masters

Try changing the audio source also mate. That should stop the bad decodes. Have your scanner volume at about 1/3 of the way and have your line-in level around the 4th line. Do a scan from 145-150MHz and see what signals you can get. Some are stronger than others. More of a chance decoding with the stronger ones.