Melbourne Airport Customs

DC449

Guest Michael Coates

It depends on how many planes are arriving at the same time, the countries they are coming from (eg a plane from the USA clears fast but a plane from Aisa takes longer). Whatever happens you will have to wait, but i would suggest getting there about 30 mins after landing and go from there.

Guest Darren Masters

I would say at least 30mins as mentioned. I arrived from NZ last month (here in Sydney) at morning peak hour and it took me an hr to get out of there but that's Sydney. Allow them time to get out or you will be sitting there waiting like a stunned mullet. Naturally you could do some plane-spotting :biggrin:

I remember when I picked my Mum and Dad up from Melbourne when they got home from Vietnam last year. The plane was ment to arrive at 8.30am but had been delayed by about an hour. Then it took a further 1 hour for them to clear customs. I was sweating, it was about 40 Degrees in the International Terminal and it was the Saturday Morning Peak Hour. The joint was packed to the joint. Luckily though I was happy to be at the Airport and found a bit of time to do a bit of Spotting. OK I was there from 5.30am but I have a problem. It's a good problem though.

Guest Darren Masters
I think Robbo slipped something into my Drink :redface: the other night! :biggrin:

Yeah, that'd probably be right. Ts ts ts!

I think Robbo slipped something into my Drink :redface: the other night! :biggrin:

You wish Chop :)

DC Don't really want to say. But lets just say I have worked in aviation for 11+ years doing various things, but now I am spending my time in the sky :biggrin: