China/Vietnam Trip Report

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Off to Macau tomorrow at 12.30pm on Viva Macau. Spending 2 nights there then off to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam on Saturday. Will post trip report/pics as I go. Glenn, you will be glad to know I got a decent camera too. Stand-by for the pics :biggrin:

Guest Darren Masters
What sort? Brand?

10MP Fuji Finepix S1000FD. Definitely better than what I had. I took some awesome photos of overflies with this cam :biggrin:

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks Chris. Have already taken some at the gate. Rego of my aircraft is B-MAV. About to board.

Guest David C

Just walked in the door myself after a short trip ... No nothing exotic like Vietnam or China , but good old Nelson Bay :biggrin:... So I'm sorry I couldn't offer a Bon Voyage message a little sooner , however Darren , I'm sure you will have a great time over there .. All the best mate and looking forward to seeing your photos and trip report etc . I've been a Fuji camera user for a while now , and have always been satisfied with the camera ... See you on your return , and once again all the very best ...

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Hey guys. Just at Macau airport now. It's 0530 here and my flight ZG157 departs for Saigon at 0705 arriving 0830. In seat 32A-window right up the back again :biggrin: Trip here was good. Will have to post a trip report and pics from my hotel tonight as using airport internet here is, errrrr, painful :eek: Greg, I don't think that Viva's 767-200's are ADSB equipped. What I did find unusual though was the aircraft MSN number was on the back door!!! Handy to have it there I guess. Hope you had a good holiday too Dave. Will be getting together before nicking off to NZ. Chop, I too used to own a Canon EOS1000F back in the old days Anyway, as I said I will post a proper report tonight and might follow NZOM's format. Rego of aircraft this morning unknown but they are both sitting out there on the tarmac it's just too dark to see.

Guest Darren Masters

Just arrived. Aircraft was B-MAW. Here is a pic I took of approach into Saigon just a few hrs ago. Full trip report to come.

Guest Darren Masters
looking forward to your report mate.

LOL. Just arrived in Nah Trang after a 10hr bus journey. I'm getting around to it...

Guest Darren Masters
10 hrs by roadbus? You are keen!

LOL :biggrin: Yes and I am doing it back to Saigon in 2 days. The driving was, errr, interesting. For anyone that has not experienced driving in VN I was probably almost killed 3 times this afternoon :eek:

Guest justAL

3 hours on public transport everyday. Helps if there's someone or something to eyeball. :P

Looking forward to the report!

Guest Darren Masters
3 hours on public transport everyday. Helps if there's someone or something to eyeball. :PLooking forward to the report!

Oh if I could only tell...I have a bit of a soft spot (no sick jokes please) for VN girls :biggrin:

I have a bit of a soft spot (no sick jokes please) for VN girls :biggrin:

:biggrin: I won't say a thing

Yummm.....

:man_in_love: :rant: :eusa_drool: :sarcastic: :tuschel: :crazy2: :luck:

Guest justAL
Oh if I could only tell...I have a bit of a soft spot (no sick jokes please) for VN girls :biggrin:

I'm half Thai....know you're thinking!

On the topic, I worked with a mate years ago in a call centre who loved the idea of Japanese girls and leg warmers. After the center was shipped off to India he took his payout and moved to Japan.

I haven't heard from him since.