KI Trip

Coop

Flew to KI on the weekend. Here are a few pics:

THe weather was unusually calm, and had been for some days. The result was an incredibly glassy surface, resulting in this image of the sky reflected off the sea in Neapean Bay. You can also see the bottom of the bay through the water.

[ATTACH]339.vB[/ATTACH]

On the return trip, the cloud was creating two layers, a scattered one below and a more complete one above (although there were still blue patches). I had fun flying over the lower layer, and this put me high enough (4,500') to feel comfortable crossing the 10 miles of water separating the Island from the mainland. The altitude would be enough to get me to land should Dorothy's engine suffer a heart attack in the middle of Backstairs Passage.

[ATTACH]338.vB[/ATTACH]

Once above the lower cloud, I spotted a circular rainbow around Dorothy's shadow.

[ATTACH]337.vB[/ATTACH]

Cape Jervis stood out well in the late afternoon sunshine- the Ferry terminal is at the bottom left of the picture and the Starfish Hill wind turbine installation is also visible. In spite of the low winds, these big blades were still ticking over.

[ATTACH]336.vB[/ATTACH]

The run home was also entertaining, with the layers of cloud below thickening up somewhat, and a bit of ducking and weaving was needed to stay in clear air (but always with one eye on an escape route out to the east over lower ground). Dorothy's newly-painted wings looked good in the evening light before I put her away for the week.

[ATTACH]340.vB[/ATTACH]

Coop

[ATTACH]17877[/ATTACH]

885628437_DorothyHome.jpg.036d712bc5458f326c5d9447078dd889.jpg