DJ brings E-jets to NZ

Guest Prorpellerhead

Guest Prorpellerhead

Anybody out there in jet land heard any rumours about Embraer routes ?

Rotorua airport is desperately courting Pacific Blue for services but DJ seems more interested in flying from Hamilton.

Are we talking trans Tasman from Hamilton aswell as domestic ?

And for Domestic are we talking HLZ-WLG or HLZ-CHC or both ?

Is Hamilton going to be the new E-190 hub ?

Guest Prorpellerhead

Aw honestly you guys can keep them if you want. Our skies are getting overcrowded here with Aussies airlines.

Must be ocker revenge for Ansett Australia aye :rolleyes:

Having had a look at the new HLZ-SYD and BNE flights, I see some are marked as operated by VB and some by PB.

Thereby I would guess that the VB operated flights could be with the E190 while the PB operated flights remain with the 738, but obviously we will have to wait until September to find out for definite.

The press release can be found HERE but it doesnt shed any light on whether the flights will be E190 or 738.

Guest Chainsaw

I thought I read an unconfirmed report one/some of the E190's were being repainted in PB colours.

Guest Darren Masters

One thing I did notice while doing my crewing in Aus last week is that DJ have a hell of alot of 73's sitting idle and alot of Embraers operating. A sign of troubled times?

I thought I read an unconfirmed report one/some of the E190's were being repainted in PB colours.

Doesnt really mean much

VH-ZPM delivered in May is the 1st of six wearing the PB colours but they will operate the same as the 738s (VH-VOQ, VOX, VUM, VUN, VUQ) basically as flying billboards in aussie skies, ocasionally subbing in on a PB flight to cover maintenance of the ZK registered PB fleet.

So if the previous mentioned "operated by VB" flights are E190 flights then they would be on one the 6 PB painted aircraft otherwise they will be one of the 5 above mentioned 738s.

One thing I did notice while doing my crewing in Aus last week is that DJ have a hell of alot of 73's sitting idle and alot of Embraers operating. A sign of troubled times?

DJ have parked 10 73's due to the economic times, and are also utalising the E jets more as they offer a better load size for the routes that have/are shrinking due to the economy.

But in saying that PB is growing at a rapid rate, with the introduction of the new Bail services and increase, and the upcoming new flights to Fiji and now Hamilton NZ.

Guest Chainsaw
DJ have parked 10 73's

I'd be very interested to know the rego's of these 10 planes if somebody can help pleeease.

VB (which is PB) is buying new 737-800s to replace the retiring 737-700s, and more Emb-190s and using them a lot more (where I live VB is the "new" Qantas for the business traveller)...And thus actually doing pretty ****** well with increasing revenue...