Leaking Belly Tank

bilby54

The belly tank on my Drifter has sprung a leak again and I need to repair it. It leaks around the join at the top of the tank but I cannot find out what the original glue stuff was.

Anyone got any ideas on what it is called and where I can get it please?

Bill

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi bilby54,

Out of interest, is your Drifter a certified aircraft or a local build by Wayne Fisher ?.....in any event , give Wayne a call at Spectrum Aviation in Lismore and I,m sure he will offer support.

Cheers

JL

Hi JL,

Thanks for the reply as I never thought of giving Wayne a call. It seems that the Drifter factory has disappeared off of the earth!

My drifter is one of the last factory certified and Australian built aircraft before they were manufactured offshore.

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi bilby54,

Thanks for info on your Drifter,I thought it might have been a non-certified aircraft.

Wayne usually has an answer.....as far as the "Drifter Factory" is concerned, there is some action in Dalby.

Richard Eacott at Boonah is the Rotax engine King should you encounter engine problems ....his Drifter knowledge is also top stuff.

You may also like to read 'Whats happening at Dalby?'.....in the Drifter users group forum.

Cheers and best wishes

JL