QANTAS New paint scheme updates

Todd M

I have on good word VH-TJO is now in the new paint scheme (Left AVV Earlier). Will have to see it for myself yet (Should hopefully see it soonish, seeing we are the 734 Capital), but if anyone gets any pics would like to see it!

Just be the stock standard large kick out Kangaroo and Spirit of Australia titles, nothing special! Purpose, I would say the paint was getting to the point of repaint time.

(However am still yet to see it in the flesh)

Guest Chainsaw

Thanks Todd, I find it interesting that they have repainted a 734! Maybe they are looking to keep them a lot longer. Painting is not cheap.

One of JetConnects 734's has been repainted, ex-VH-TJP. It looks sleek, however has the Spirit of Australia titles which have never been applied to Jetconnect aircraft.

3 of the 4 Jetconnect 734s are in the new scheme with spirit of Australia titles (JTP, JTQ, JTR) the 4th (JTS) is in the old scheme with spirit titles, while the 3 733s are still in the old scheme minus the titles.

The 734s were repainted in the new scheme with the titles because they are due to be re-introduced into Australian domestic services after the new 738s enter Jetconnect service.

The first of the new 738s arrives next week (ZK-ZQA) but the first 3 will replace the 733s that will be retired and sold/scrapped overseas,so the 734s will remain in Jetconnect service for another year or so yet.

450, yep, what glass?Well lets see if they paint a few more then... eyes open!

450, I got a Canon EF IS 18-55mm and 90-300, aswell as my previous 55-200mm. Oh, and I got spare batteries aswell as spare cards aswell as a UV Filter :P

And as for the -400's coming back here *groan*. I thought we were on a roll passing them off to Jetconnect ;)

Saw -TJO today, looks nice and shiny!

I took a closer look at the new livery on VH-TJO today, and someone stuffed up with the QANTAS Titles. On one side, there is a rather noticable white line about 3 Quarters of the way down the wording which cuts it in two.