Arkaroola Broken Hill and Return

Coop

G'Day Folks,

Just a quickie to let you all know we are having a ball. So far have flown from home to Arkaroola via Yunta, and after a few days exploring the Flinders Ranges around Arkaroola, have crossed Lake Frome to Broken Hill. You should have seen the look on the faces of the folks from Europe after they arrived at Arkaroola. Never have they seen such nothingness!! Lake Frome on the run from Arkaroola to Broken Hill really blew them away. Last night there were 9 Austers and about 25 other aircraft at Broken Hill, with more arriving today. Weather up here is much better today, it was freezing cold and windy yesterday and made for some interesting approaches for those who flew in (we arrived the day before).

Will write up a more complete report with a few piccies when we get home.

Regards

Coop

Hiya Mr & Mrs Coop ... having spent more years than I might have preferred up in that neck of the woods doing "Santos Service", I have been looking at forecasts during your time away and thinking of you.

"North east pastoral - ... areas of raised dust ..."

Oh boy, after 23+ years there,I know just what that can mean: hope it hasn't been too fierce and gritty for you.

Safe travels & no crosswind landings!

Dunno if this link to the Coodabeen Champions site will work, but if it does, zip through the MP3 file to about 2/3 distance and hear the dulcet tones of "Cap'n John" (Coop) regaling the listening audience with Auster Tails (tales)....

http://www.abc.net.au/coodabeens/stories/2705199.htm

He's doing an autograph session at the next AAAA fly in.