Aviation academy interview

Guest rcdc.2

Hey everyone!

I'll be attending to an interview with Oxford aviation academy for Swinburne University here in Melbourne.

Just need some informations and tips on what interview will be like at the academy, questions and expectations.

I really hope I can get in, so right now just need to do some homework and gather infos!

Thanks everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
I have the interview this Tuesday, so i'll let you know later on!

I am also having my interview on Tuesday! What time is your interview?

Guest Juandelapava

8:30am is mine!

I dont really know what to expect, the letter that they sent me says that the interview will only go for 15mins and that there will be little time to ask any questions, so i'm guessing they want to know about me and most certenly about my financials!!! what do you reckon>?

8:30am is mine!I dont really know what to expect, the letter that they sent me says that the interview will only go for 15mins and that there will be little time to ask any questions, so i'm guessing they want to know about me and most certenly about my financials!!! what do you reckon>?

I don't think they care about your financial now.... thats If you are applying through Swinburne, theres actually fee-help for it...so either way they will get the money.

I just hope they don't ask anything technical....I think they'll just be asking why I want to become a pilot and those sorts of questions.

Guest Juandelapava
I don't think they care about your financial now.... thats If you are applying through Swinburne, theres actually fee-help for it...so either way they will get the money.I just hope they don't ask anything technical....I think they'll just be asking why I want to become a pilot and those sorts of questions.

yeah that's right! well, then i guess they will ask personality questions!

Hey, have you done the medicals yet?

yeah that's right! well, then i guess they will ask personality questions! Hey, have you done the medicals yet?

Nah I wouldn't worry about that for now...since I am not even sure yet if I get in or not.

Are you applying through Swinburne or straight from Oxford?

Guest Juandelapava
Nah I wouldn't worry about that for now...since I am not even sure yet if I get in or not.Are you applying through Swinburne or straight from Oxford?

Through Swinburne! I was going to do them but yeah, same as you, will worry about that once i get accepted. I just keep on thinking what the hell they will ask! hopefully i come up with good answers cos i really wanna do this course :p

Here are a few answers for you

Them: Why do you want to become a pilot?

U: To make megabucks and pull chicks

Them: Have you done any flying?

U: 25,000 hours on flightsim in 3,650 different aircraft types, not any actual in an aircraft

Them: Are you a responisible person?

U: Sh!t yeah

Them: What's in your CV?

U: A certificate for under eleven breaststroke and a note from my mum

Them: Who is going to pay for this and where is the money?

U: Any answer would do here as long as they see the money

Now if you get time to ask questions here are some

U: How long after I start studing can I wear four bars on my uniform and start being called Captain?

Them: You can wear them any time from this interview, we encourage this professional approach Captain.

U: What will be my first yearly wages after my training?

Them: Well Captain, depends on company but wouldn't be less than 3,000,000 a year not including holiday pay and chick pulling allowance

I just said here are some answers, I didn't say they'd be sensible :biggrin:

Guest Juandelapava
Here are a few answers for youThem: Why do you want to become a pilot?

U: To make megabucks and pull chicks

Them: Have you done any flying?

U: 25,000 hours on flightsim in 3,650 different aircraft types, not any actual in an aircraft

Them: Are you a responisible person?

U: Sh!t yeah

Them: What's in your CV?

U: A certificate for under eleven breaststroke and a note from my mum

Them: Who is going to pay for this and where is the money?

U: Any answer would do here as long as they see the money

Now if you get time to ask questions here are some

U: How long after I start studing can I wear four bars on my uniform and start being called Captain?

Them: You can wear them any time from this interview, we encourage this professional approach Captain.

U: What will be my first yearly wages after my training?

Them: Well Captain, depends on company but wouldn't be less than 3,000,000 a year not including holiday pay and chick pulling allowance

I just said here are some answers, I didn't say they'd be sensible :biggrin:

so the note from my mum won't help this time?!?!? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and why the pay is so low?!?!?!:tongue:

thanks mate, very helpful staff!

Don't forget the technical and industry specific questions.

Q. What actions would you take to ensure maximum damage to the aircraft during only one flight without crashing?

A. Miscalculate fuel loading causing an over rotation on takeoff, "accidentally" engage full flap at 300kt, fall asleep at controls and overfly the airport by 200nm, forget to retract the gear on landing ignoring aural warnings and make a belly landing with full fuel.

Q. What is the most effective technique in proving to engineering staff that you're better than them?

A. Ignore all marshalling signals during ground operations, complain about trivial problems and poorly describe significant ones (it's not like those grease monkies have anything better to do anyway), abuse them when they ground your aircraft, no matter how serious sounding that stuff is.

Don't forget the technical and industry specific questions. Q. What actions would you take to ensure maximum damage to the aircraft during only one flight without crashing?

A. Miscalculate fuel loading causing an over rotation on takeoff, "accidentally" engage full flap at 300kt, fall asleep at controls and overfly the airport by 200nm, forget to retract the gear on landing ignoring aural warnings and make a belly landing with full fuel.

Q. What is the most effective technique in proving to engineering staff that you're better than them?

A. Ignore all marshalling signals during ground operations, complain about trivial problems and poorly describe significant ones (it's not like those grease monkies have anything better to do anyway), abuse them when they ground your aircraft, no matter how serious sounding that stuff is.

I don't think they expect you to know these kind of technical questions as a beginner, especially through the University.

Guest Juandelapava
So how'd the interviews go boys? Have to call you Captain yet? :biggrin:

G'day mate,

Well, they didn't asked for my mother's note, which was somehow disappointed specially after all the effort she made on it!!! hahahahaha

but i think it went well, very quick and i guess i was lucky to be the second person to be interviewed so they looked relaxed and haven't heard the same story (my dream is to fly........since i was a boy......the chicks are amazing) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

so, hopefully with some good luck i'll get in and in 3-5 years i'll be flying one of the newly purchased Airbuses from Qantas!!!

How did you go RCDC.2?

G'day mate, Well, they didn't asked for my mother's note, which was somehow disappointed specially after all the effort she made on it!!! hahahahaha

but i think it went well, very quick and i guess i was lucky to be the second person to be interviewed so they looked relaxed and haven't heard the same story (my dream is to fly........since i was a boy......the chicks are amazing) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

so, hopefully with some good luck i'll get in and in 3-5 years i'll be flying one of the newly purchased Airbuses from Qantas!!!

How did you go RCDC.2?

Mine went alright I think....but not the best of me...couldn't sleep last night, so was really tired this morning.

What kind of questions did they ask you?

Guest steffanbenetti

hey boys

how did it go?

i have my interview tomorrow at 8.30 am

i am sooo nervous and dont know what to expect

any tips or advice you could offer?:confused:

Guest Juandelapava
Sigh...Oh lordy help us

Yes Winsor68, they expect you to know how to fly all kind of aircraft as well as be able to explain every single instrument on every single plane the academy has for training!!! and i'm sure when you started your journey to became a pilot, you knew everything, so yes, OH LORD, HELP US!!!