Nasa Shuttle launch today

john roe

For those who may be interested, the Shuttle Endevour was scrubed last night due to bad weather Australian time, and it appears at 1335 Perth time a GO for launch this afternoon at 1614 Perth, Time plus 3 hrs for East Coast of Oz.

Launch TV schedule is http://www.nasa.gov/tvschedule/pdf/tvsked_reva.pdf

watch live on Nasa TV. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html ,

select other options and Window media player large screen.

The crew are being loaded in at this time 1340 Perth Time on launch pad 39a.

--------------------------------------------

well she made it safely to orbit. there will be only 4 more shuttle launches now before the fleet is retired, and the US will then have no means of transporting humans into space for the forseeable future ( other than as paying pax on Russian Soyuz). Who would have thought that when we watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon 40 years ago. It will be a sad day indeed when the last shuttle flight lands at Kennedy space center late next year.

well she made it safely to orbit. there will be only 4 more shuttle launches now before the fleet is retired, and the US will then have no means of transporting humans into space for the forseeable future ( other than as paying pax on Russian Soyuz). Who would have thought that when we watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon 40 years ago. It will be a sad day indeed when the last shuttle flight lands at Kennedy space center late next year.

Spot on there Terry, its going to be a very sad moment when the last shuttle lands indeed, my opinion is it was a great aircraft, as my college who works there at Nasa, says its the greatest flying brick with 2 feathers on it. I have almost watched live every launch and landing including dockings and undockings, my favorite being the tumble roll over for the ISS crew to photo the underside of the Shuttle , when speeded up looks like a hoon doing a donut, the first commander to do the roll over was a woman who stated, "what any man can do, i can do better", it was great to see, as for Nasa, they have build the next craft to service the ISS Station and it has been used 2 times foe fuel and suplys, it will and has yet to carry any crew, as like stated by you, USA have paid the Russians to ferry fuel, stores and crew to the ISS, now with the fiancial downfall, the USA President has axed the planned flights to the moon and any other missions.

This is the last scheduled Shuttle to fly to the ISS, landing date yet to be advised. possibly on the 29th Sept...

Date: Sept. 16 +

Mission: STS-133

Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Discovery

Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A

Launch Time: 11:57 a.m. EDT

STS-133 Description: Space shuttle Discovery will deliver the Express Logistics Carrier 4 (ELC4), a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module (MLPM) and critical spare components to the International Space Station.

--------------------------------