High Flyer over Adel

john roe

Guest airsick
Type AS50 AS350BA,

That's a squirrel helicopter! :haha:

45000ft and 471kts is pretty impressive...

Those Eurocopter people make fast helicopters :rolleyes:Dave C

Your "Avitar" David, I wouldn't mind one of those. reminds me back in the 80's of the days I built 2 Gyro-Copters, and ,,,well tried to see if they fly upside down at 5 feet off the ground, in the stall position.

Guest David C
Your "Avitar" David, I wouldn't mind one of those. reminds me back in the 80's of the days I built 2 Gyro-Copters, and ,,,well tried to see if they fly upside down at 5 feet off the ground, in the stall position.

John ,

That little airplane is a Bantam . A NZ designed and built craft which comes with a variety of engines including the Jabiru 4 stroke . They are a great little plane , slow and very easy to fly . Can get a little "chilly " in Winter though but great fun . That is not me by the way in the Avatar shot , although I have flown one in the past .. I hope you weren't occupying the Gyro's at the time of the "flight tests " !!

Dave C

John , That little airplane is a Bantam . A NZ designed and built craft which comes with a variety of engines including the Jabiru 4 stroke . They are a great little plane , slow and very easy to fly . Can get a little "chilly " in Winter though but great fun . That is not me by the way in the Avatar shot , although I have flown one in the past .. I hope you weren't occupying the Gyro's at the time of the "flight tests " !!

Dave C

I was "Dave" just, testing to rotation speed, but she rotated to about 10 ft and rolled over, nose in first, a broken shoulder blade to remember it by, rebuild a 2nd one, only to have the same happen, and to receive 3 broken ribs under the opposite shoulder blade, when they move now and then, "I Remember", it is called, jumping off the farm shed roof, with mums umbrella...