Requesting info about Moorabbin Flying Services

MarNas

Well, after have introduced myself it's time to do my first question, which is for me very important.

When I decided to take the way to the sky the first school that I found was the Moorabbin Flying Services in Melbourne. An italian guy told me he was going to begin his training there. This school is still the favourite in my list of choices.

Many people talked me about this school good, other ones not so good.

First of all I'd like to say that most of them are italian, and I guess the've never been at MFS, or even in Australia! In an other forum two-three australian said it is a very good school, with good instructors, nice people and the've got the youngest australian fleet! And I love the Piper PA28:biggrin:

Italian guys said to me it is bad, but why? They didn't answer at this question:rolleyes:

I know many students at MFS are italian, and I have talked with two italian instructor (one is became flight instructor the last week) and an italian students. Their rate are excellent!

So, now I want to read opinions only by people who have been there or know something about MFS. I prefer to listen opinions from people where are in Australia and know the school, and from them that have never been in the Down Under.

Many thanks in advance and happy landings!!

Regards,

Marco

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gorttman

Hi Marco.

I have to say your question is what prompted me to register on the site.

A student / instructor relationship is important and very personal one, especially when you factor the costs of pilot training and just how much time in the air you will be with this person in the early days.

The better the match of a given instructor's approach to your personality and learning style, the quicker, easier and, ultimately, cheaper your training will be. You need to find an instructor or school that fits your personality and style.

Having said that, I have been a student at MFS now since early January this year. I'm working slowly towards my PPL once a week after receiving a TIF voucher for Christmas .

The staff and students at MFS are great, all are friendly and more than willing to help with just about any enquiry. I've found all staff at MFS be great instructors. They fly mostly warriors and all their aircraft in great condition, none of which have let me down at all during my brief time with them. MFS have just recently purchased another two new Warriors and they should be ready in the next few weeks, should be fun to fly brand new planes.

Whilst my experience is limited (I only know one school), I'm not one to stick to a bad thing. I would recommend MFS to anyone contemplating pilot training as a great school where you should get great results.

There's nothing like personal experience, why not call them for a chat. From that you should get a fairly good idea of the people you'd be dealing with.

Go for it.

Gorttman