SA Pilot in need of some help

SA Pilot

SA Pilot in need of some advice please?

Hi there guys I'm a young south african with a fresh com and ATP subjects, as you might know south africa and the south african aviation industry is not that big and there is very little work here so I'm thinking of trying my luck down under, but there is no real indication availible to me about the current aviation industry and the amount of work for a low hour pilot like me..... what is my chances 'if any' to find a job in Australia? I'm willing to do all the required raitings before going over..

P.S.

Guys I know you must hate the SPRING BOKS but if you could spare some time to help out a strugaling south african aviator I would realy appreciate it... Oh and sorry for the bad spelling I'm Afrikaans.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying for a living in Australia is becoming paying to fly. There are good jobs but they are few and far between. There are people now paying to do bank runs and to fly scenics just to get hours up so they can then pay to crew something like a Metro. Next step is then to get a job flying with a regional making about half of what a taxi driver does after that you get your parents to pay for a 737/Airbus endo so you can then work for peanuts for the next 15 years. After you finally become a "Captain" you then start to complain about the terms and conditions of your employment. That's an oversimplification but is generally what's going on in World aviation and Strayliya is just following trends. If your going into aviation in Australia your doing it for the love of flying, not the money.

• 1 month later...