Avalon

Guest aviatrix27

Guest aviatrix27

Anyone going? I have tickets. A friend is in charge of the temporary airstrips, he tells me that anyone flying in will need floats ...

Guest David C

I'm going down on the Saturday . I will be flying into Tulla arriving at 8.30ish and driving down to AVV , then driving back to Tulla for a 2115Hrs flight back to SYD ..I will be on DJ .. I looked at flying into AVV but all the commercial flghts from SYD arrive too late and dep too early for any serious time down there .. It's been a few years since I last attended , I hope it will be an improvement on the last effort , which I recall was pretty ordinary ... May see you there ..

Dave C

I'm thinki9ing of going on the Friday night. I went to the Sunday of the last Airshow and it was a shocker! It was cold, blowing a gale and you could hardly hear the commentary. It won't be the same this year as the F-111 won;t be doing the dump and burn :( . I hope that I can meet some of the other members of this forum there too.

Guest aviatrix27

Looks like we will be going Friday - our tickets are for any session during the public display days. We have a friend coming to visit tomorrow, we will be taking him back to Avalon Thursday night, so will stay, then get our full fix of airshows Friday. Anyone wanting to meet up, PM me for my mobile phone #.

OK I went on Friday night and had a great night. I really enjoyed the aerial display that was on offer but unfortunate there wasn't any Commercial Aircraft :( I was really hoping to see at least a Boeing or Airbus commercial aircraft but nothing. There where a lot of private jets but not what i was looking for. The B1 Lancer is 1 of the most awesomeness things I have ever seen. The Sound and the afterburner effect at night is truly AWESOME!!!!! What did everyone else think?

Guest aviatrix27

I had a good time, saw a couple of TAA members, and spent a lot of time in Jelly Belly's hangar. It's a pity his night display was shortened (was going to land on the truck but they wouldn't let him - he's only done it at night once) and his fireworks didn't all go off.

Guest David C

I was there on the Saturday ... The static displays were good I thought . A very wide spectrum of aircraft types , from Ultralights to heavies . Like Chop Chop I was a little disappointed that the civvie airliner types were not represented , they always attract a large crowd and a lot of interest . I thought the F22 was awesome . We were very privileged to see this aircraft at such close quarters , and indeed here at all . It has been shown rarely outside of the USA , and even then never as close up as at Avalon , the RIAT last year at RAF Fairford was one example .

The flying display on Saturday was poor I thought , very disjointed , repeat performances to fill in the "program" , and all in all a poor bit of organisation .There just wasn't enough content . The commentator at times clearly was not that well versed in the technical aspects of the display aircraft .

Having said all this , it was well worth the $55 entry fee , and I will be there next time around .

Dave C