Virgin A330 VH-XFA

Guest Chainsaw

Affirm. It sat on the freight area (Golf 4) most of the day, then towed down to JHA sheds. unfortunately it wasn't the star attraction of the day, we had a overnight visitor that stayed till late arvo, a B1.

Hey guys. I seen the B1 at the Airshow, really cool aircraft especially the after burners during the Boeing Friday Night Alight show! Does anyone know if the new A330 for Virgin Blue will have the same livery as the B737's and E-Jets or the new livery that Virgin Blue has been talking about?

Guest Chainsaw

Dan,

My understanding is that it will stay white until the new colour scheme is announced.

I don't think we will have to wait too long.

Guest David C

Saw the B1, KC135, Iron Maiden 757 , at MEL but no DJ A330 .. Also spotted a military Corporate GA550 with the " United States of America " scheme at the GA bay at SYD around 2130 hrs on Saturday on return from MEL .

Dave C

We had 3 KC-135's at MEL - Utah, Sioux City & Mac Dill. Mac Dill is still with us. The USAF GA 550 (10065) was with us. We also had the guys from Dassualt Falcon come in, in their corporate jet - N748FJ. Virgin keep dragging the A330 up to the freight apron playing with it then dragging it back down to the JHA shed. The new Embrear was with us over the weekend as well, in front of the VB sheds. We did also have the Malaysian PM's nice A319 (9M-NAA) in last Friday.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chainsaw

XFA is on the move, looks like heading to Sydney, just near Wangaratta now.

I suggest this is the first of the test flights.

Just a thought but is it possibly going to be painted in AFL livery like some of the Boeing 737's & used for perhaps the teams & fans to use in the West.I happened to get a few photos of one in Sydney a couple of weeks ago,I will put them up in my photo's when I get time.

Guest Chainsaw

I some how doubt it. Time is drawing nearer to the official release of the new scheme.

I think that VB will do some more proving flights then fly her to NZ for the paint job. I don't think there is a paint shop in oz that can do the job on an A330. Richmond NSW has a NZ paint shop for B767's, but I don't think an A330 will fit in there.

Mind you I'm just guessing.