New Airship

willedoo

Interesting concept, but the phrase "sitting duck" comes to mind. In a conventional battlefield you'd count it's survival time in minutes; even in Afghanistan the bad guys seem able to produce all manner of missiles and artillery from their caves. Maybe more useful in a domestic situation, eg the so called war on drugs.

Interesting concept, but the phrase "sitting duck" comes to mind.

Certainly does, it would have to be very vulnerable to sam's. I was wondering if it had some longer term use planned & they're prepared to risk it to have the advantage of testing it in an active combat zone. Maybe a case of do it now while there's still a war on. It's a lot of money to go up in smoke.

Cheers, Willie.

Certainly does, it would have to be very vulnerable to sam's. I was wondering if it had some longer term use planned & they're prepared to risk it to have the advantage of testing it in an active combat zone. Maybe a case of do it now while there's still a war on. It's a lot of money to go up in smoke.Cheers, Willie.

I'm inclined to think the US military industrial complex ain't overfussed by that prospect, just so long as they get the contracts.:rolleyes: