After Three Years ,it Flys

metalman

Hi all, here's a utube link of my plane, after about three years building I did the first flight on the 10 of march, so far I have had some issues getting the trim to work properly but otherwise it's been hassle free. The cruise at 4800rpm is 80kias and climb at 55 kias is 950fpm, it seems to be nicer to wheel land and I've had a couple of goes at three pointing it and ended up doing a bit of a kangaroo impression, not sure if its just me or its stalling the tail plane ,but either way I'm really loving it. There's a series of utube clips from painting through to taxi testing and then a flight, cheers

Guest avi8tr

Looks good, glad you are enjoying it MM. My first flight is around a few months away so I'll be joining you up there soon enough!

Guest Michael Coates
Hi all, here's a utube link of my plane, after about three years building I did the first flight on the 10 of march, so far I have had some issues getting the trim to work properly but otherwise it's been hassle free. The cruise at 4800rpm is 80kias and climb at 55 kias is 950fpm, it seems to be nicer to wheel land and I've had a couple of goes at three pointing it and ended up doing a bit of a kangaroo impression, not sure if its just me or its stalling the tail plane ,but either way I'm really loving it. There's a series of utube clips from painting through to taxi testing and then a flight, cheers

What plane is it ? Looks like an Allegro cockpit.?

Avi8tr is building a rotaru rot-a-ru which i think is a Rotax powered Jabiru airframe.

What plane is it ? Looks like an Allegro cockpit.?Avi8tr is building a rotaru rot-a-ru which i think is a Rotax powered Jabiru airframe.

It has a couple of Skyfox bits and a lot of hand made parts

Guest David C

MM ... Well done .. You should feel very pleased and proud of your achievement .. I hope you have many happy times in your flying machine .

Dave C

Guest avi8tr

Nah, I've moved on from that Michael. Let's say I'm building an aircraft with a "custom" engine. I won't be sharing any details just yet as quite frankly there are a lot of jealous people out there that have been causing me issue with it thus far.

Nah, I've moved on from that Michael. Let's say I'm building an aircraft with a "custom" engine. I won't be sharing any details just yet as quite frankly there are a lot of jealous people out there that have been causing me issue with it thus far.

Interesting, hope it works out, is it in a jabiru airframe?

Hey Mat you know I love your plane but I have an off topic question. How did your cameraman keep the camera so steady whilst walking etc? Well done

Hey Mat you know I love your plane but I have an off topic question. How did your cameraman keep the camera so steady whilst walking etc? Well done

iPhone four Dwb, my daughters boyfriend did the filming , he did well I reckon, he's a black fella (part Vanuatu ,part aboriginal) ,maybe he used some emu stalking skills [ATTACH]1785[/ATTACH]

Great kid ,I'd love to get him into flying, he's pretty sharp and keen to do new things

[ATTACH]18403[/ATTACH]

image.jpg.bc4cd143b48348315dab3970b443973c.jpg