Zk-hak Video Something Wrong?

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

I was out at Ardmore Airfield yesterday filming ZK-HAK taking off. At 5 sec into the video you can hear a strange noise and then he comes back down rapidly. Sounded like something maybe hit the fence where I was standing filming. What do you think?

Guest Darren Masters
Sounded like something hitting a cyclone wire fence, find anything out of the ordinary like a bit of blade?

No I did not see anything and I was standing there but I certainly heard it. It was a lot louder than in the video :confused:

Guest Darren Masters
Sounded like something hitting a cyclone wire fence, find anything out of the ordinary like a bit of blade?

Video being passed on to the heli operator in question so will be very interesting to see what the outcome is if anything at all.

• 1 month later...

Doubt he would have lost a bit of blade. It would have to be very tiny or the out-of-balance forces would be phenomenal and might tear the thing apart.

Maybe not such a good idea to stand that close to a "fling-wing" when taking off, eh Darren?

Coop

Guest Darren Masters
Doubt he would have lost a bit of blade. It would have to be very tiny or the out-of-balance forces would be phenomenal and might tear the thing apart.Maybe not such a good idea to stand that close to a "fling-wing" when taking off, eh Darren?

Coop

Oh Coop, the closer to anything that flies the better ;)