A/C For Beginner

Guest FreeLance_Flyer82

Guest FreeLance_Flyer82

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to aviation and would value some input from those that are further along that me. I am about to start training at a local flying school near me and they offer lessons in both a jabiru and a tecnam (not sure of the exact models at this stage). Other then personal preference is one better to learn in than the other? what are the pos and cons of each? I would love some advice on this. Thanks guys in advance.

FreeLance_Flyer82.

Guest pelorus32

G'day Freelance,

Welcome to the fold. I can tell you from personal experience about flying the Tecnam, I am banned from speaking about the Jabirus, so you'll have to wait for a Jab fanatic.;)

I've flown the P92 Echo Super - the mainstay Tecnam high wing aircraft - extensively. It is a great aircraft to fly, roomy, responsive and with all the expected behaviour of a light aircraft.

My daughter has learned to fly in a Tecnam and done well with it. The CFI where she flies always says that if you can land a Tecnam in a xwind, you can land anything in a xwind.

Briefly breaking the ban - I'm reliably told that the Jab is more difficult to fly. That, in my view, is not necessarily a good thing. You need all the help you can get when you are learning to fly.

PM me if you'd like to talk further.

Regards

Mike

Guest FreeLance_Flyer82

G'day mike,

Thanks for the insight to the Tecanm. They sound like a great a/c to fly for both training and in general.

As a first timer to flying i want something fairly easy to fly, i do also love a challenge but i think challenges may have to wait until i have a little experience.

i am interested in both a/c mentioned above and will over time fly both i'm sure, time will tell.

Well thanks for the advice and look forward to chatting with you more.

Regards

Matt

Guest Dukes

I think your best off just going for what you like. I am learning in a jab, however went for a demo fly in a technam p92 super at natfly. I have no real preference at this stage but am happy flying in the jab.

Forget about the aircraft,

first build up a relationship with an instructor with whom you feel comfortable and you trust. The right instructor for me is not necessarily the right instructor for you. Then just go flying in whatever aircraft that instructor has available and recommends for you.

Plenty of time to change aircraft once you have that certificate and confidence in your own flying abilities.

'dems my thoughts

Davidh

Guest FreeLance_Flyer82

Thanks guys for the input, i am thankful for all the advice. I like your advice Davidh as i think i may be focusing on a/c rather than just forming a good student/teacher relationship with an instructor. well here goes......time to take the plunge and make a start:big_grin: