Guest bazz107

Guest bazz107

Hi there,

I am New to this forum, I have a back ground in the GA world and have just moved to the Ultralights, I have just started to learn to fly a A22 Foxbat. I work as a Avionics AME. So if you have any Avionic type questions I will try to help.

thanks

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Bazz107

• 3 months later...
Guest bazz107

Hi Rosedale, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome to the Forum, You will find these places as a wealth of knowlodge and freindship. The A22 FoxBat comes with a 100 HP rotax motor. These are very good little plane with good all round performance and very forgiving.

Thanks

bazza

Bazz107,

How many cylinders is that and would it take two people of about 100kgs and each about 187cm.

Is there radio equipemnt in them, are parts easy to get and do you know how much they costs?

Really appreciate it as I will be looking at buying one.

Thanks.

Rosedale.

Guest bazz107

Hi Rosedale,

Please use the above website for most information, The Aircraft does come with a radio fitted but can be optioned as required. When New,

Give the guys at SilverWing Aviation. The guys are very helpful and would be able to organise a test flight with someone to give you an idea of the aircraft.

Thanks

Bazza

Oh, Bazz, you are my hero. Do you know how hard it is to get avionics work done in Sydney? We seem to pay a fortune for sub standard work.

I had a new ICOM IC200A TSO'd radio put in (GA aircraft), with going backwards and forwards to the avionics guys due to problems, it probably cost $5,000.

So I might have some questions for you!

(Like why does my ancient ADF unit tune and identify, but it won't "ADF" properly? It was cleaned up and checked some months ago but it has never really worked properly. The needle just turns around aimlessly.)

Ha ha! I thought it could be an antenna issue as I was told the unit itself was OK ... but I wondered why it would pick up the audio signal well but not actually work properly. I don't think it has worked since the new radio was put in, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Maybe the experts managed to disconnect something.

Guest basscheffers

ADF uses several antennas to be able to find the direction. So it may be that some of the antennas work (enough for you to hear the signal) but not enough to get a fix?

Guest bazz107

Hi Mazda,

Can you please PM me with the details of your ADF, Need the Model Number, the Aircraft it is. Some old ADF's are not very economical to repair. Like Basscheffers said that some older ADF's use two Antennas, One picks up the Audio and Carrier signal, the other is the Direction Finder. If you get me the details then I can look up the unit and give you some Pointers.

As for Avionics work, Unless you people are prepared to fly to Scone I am a bit far away to work in sydney. At this stage if several PPL need work done we maybe able to travel to somewhere like Cessnock. Any Bench work can be sent to us and we will do the work and send it back. I think you will find our pricing very good. We can also supply and install all your avionics and Electrical gear.

Thanks

Bazza :thumb_up::thumb_up: