Hello to all, Ive just joined.

Guest FlashWayne

Guest FlashWayne

Hi guys. Well, I've never been one for forums but I guess it's a good thing to participate and share knowledge and experience.

I've been hang-gliding for the past 33 years, had two Easy Riser bi-plane hang-glider/ultralights and built a home-made trike in 1992 which was to say the least, very interesting in the test-flight stages!:rotary:

I finally aquired my trike license in 2007 and just recently purchased a Mainair Gemini 2 Alpha trike. Now all I need to do is turn the work phone off occassionally and have some flying fun.

Cheers to all 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Wayne

Guest Crezzi

Hi Wayne & welcome to the forum.

Is yours the one which was recently for sale in Townsville ? Nice to know there are a few still around - my first trike was a F2A with a 462 & I had a lot of adventures flying in the Uk, France & Ireland.

Have fun

John

Terrific Trikes.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Wayne,

There`s quite a few trikes around the Cairns NQLD area,I`ve had a fly in a couple,I think they`re a great flying machine,you just need strong forearms however and unfortunately they get weaker as you get older.

Cheers,

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest FlashWayne

Gemini 2 Alpha

Hi. This one was for sale in Mareeba. The owner was moving back to Charters Towers and said that after 8:00am out there, the thermals are wicked and not much fun for flying a trike.

Yes, I agree, you do need strong forearms and they don't get any stronger as you get older but this will do me for awhile until I can move up to a 3-axis. Preferrably something like a Foxbat. I hear they're great little machines.

Cheers