CGS HAWK

Guest sceadu52jr

Guest sceadu52jr

Does fellow forum members own or have flown a CGS Aviation Hawk? I would like to know more about them, handling, maintenance and performance....more than the spec tell me!! I know there are a few in Australia.

Wayne

• 2 months later...

I would like to own A CGS Hawk

Hi Wayne,

just joined the group recently. I have been following CGS Hawk forums from the States for a while now. I have only seen 1 or 2 for sale over the last year or so. I am keen to see one in the flesh and am curently thinking about the possibility of going over to the States about this time next year to visit OSHKOSH and buy a new kit. Gives me something to dream and ponder over. I particularly like the Hawk Plus Single seat.

Peter

Guest sceadu52jr

Hawk with a Jab

Hello Peter,

I had some communication with Chuck at CGS Avaition recently about motors in the Hawk. I asked about Jabiru motor and he said that one is flying in Sth Africa with one and they (at the factory) are installing one in a Hawk and this motor will be an option soon.

Wayne

Guest ozzie

there is a stand here at airventure i will take some photos what exactly do you want to know and i will ask for you

Ozzie

Guest sceadu52jr

Thanks Ozzie, that's interesting 'cause the word I had from Chuck back in April was that they were building one with a jab in at that time.

Nice to read your reports on the show by the way, sounds just as good as I remember from my visit back in 1979! I took 36 rolls of 36exp film then....today with a digital camera I suspect I would triple that!

Do they have any audio CD's on the ATC conversations available for sale? I purchased a tape when I went and it was mind boggling to listen to, tape went missing in a move a few years back.

Regards,

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Maj Millard

Saw the GSC hawk fly quite a bit back in the 80s and 90s in California, think they were then powered by Cayunas (remember them ?) or Rotax 447/503s.They were a bit topend as far as weight goes , and a touch rough on construction, but I am sure the quality has improved since then. They flew just fine, and were reasonably quick. I lost a good friend and fellow aviator in one when a lower wing strut attach failed after take off. He had rebuilt and modified the aircraft however, and it was possibly heavier than it should have been. GSC did put out a report on the incident at the time. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif