Just landed on this web site

Guest Marius Grobler

Guest Marius Grobler

Hi there all aviators

I just took my first real lessons today; taking off, landing, rolling and all that stuff. I have a small Jabiru UL that I bought from Voytek Romanowski in NSW.

Flying is my childhood dream and I am very fortunate and grateful to be able to pursue that dream.

I am an engineer and operations manager by trade and I specialize in designing, building and operating GTL petrochemical plants...hence my association with the great people at Linc Energy in QLD - check us out at ASX:LNC

I am looking forward to your great advice and I hope to be a worthy participant to this forum in this great country.

Marius

Marius, welcome to this great site. There are lots of people with good advice and experience. I see you're flying out of Chinchilla. Keep an eye out for Friarpuk. He's the one who sings, "Nearer to God am thee" whilst doing circuits. You'll have him green with envy if you show him your little Jabiru.

Regards,

Mathew

Guest Marius Grobler

Thanks Matt

Much appreciated. Let us know if you ever come this way. Quite a few flyers around here.

Peace

Marius

Welcome Marius, fellow Jab pilot. I also fly a Jab out of Temora where the weather is always fabulous (nearly). Congrats on finally achieving your dream. Pardon my ignorance. Where is Chincilla?

Cazza

Guest Marius Grobler

Hey Cazza

Not a pilot yet mate, just trying to become one. Thanks all the same.

Chinchilla is 160nm West from Brisbane. GPS 150,38E and 26,44S.

Weather here is blustery these days and quite a bit of buffeting up there. Warm days and cold nights. Glad to hear your conditions are better. Hope to meet some of you "old hands" some time.

Peace

Marius

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Marius on your first solo - one to remember. :thumb_up: How did you go with having your UL-D balanced? I saw it on the scale when I was briefly in Chinchilla earlier this month.

Regards, Mathew

Guest Marius Grobler

Thanks Mate. Why did you not call/e-mail. Would have liked to know who I'm meeting. Yes, I got 3 brand new scales (all identical) and used moments of inertia to calculate the C of G - It was in spec. I have the spread sheet and it is available to anyone who wants it. You just type in the scale masses and measured distances and the spread sheet calculates the C of G, giving the offset from the centre of the aircraft as well as the offset behind/in front of the front/rear pivot.

Peace

Marius, sorry not to get in touch beforehand. I was in town only for a couple of hours and time was limited. I look forward to it when you fly your Jabiru to FNQ and I can show you around.

Cheers and good luck with your lessons.

Mathew

• 1 month later...
Guest Marius Grobler

Hey there fellas

I passed my GFPA today!!! I shall henceforthe be known as Captain Marius 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Did my exams Thursday (6 hours) and practical tests yesterday + today (4 hours of flying) and passed! just over 45 hours total flying!!!!

Peace y'all

Marius