Greetings

Guest Stickman

Guest Stickman

Found this forum by accident, really, doing research on alternative aircraft engines. I'm a carpenter, by trade, though I'm not defined by that in itself, and have done many, many things throughout my life. I've been daydreaming, over the past 15 years or so, of building a P38 replica (.8 scale, most likely, give or take) and any time I'm online, I tend to end my time doing a little research on the subject. Anyway, I don't currently fly, though I spent quite a bit of time in the right seat of an O2. Had a pilot buddy who was attached to a rag command in California as an instructor and spent alot of his time spotting practice bombing runs from that type, and I learned to fly by simple osmosis....spent every minute I could spare with that silly bastard. So, I've always intended to buy or build an aircraft and get into the air regularly, but with 4 kids, college to worry about.....well, I'm sure many of you know how that story ends. Having said all that, I still can't afford to build or buy the ship I dream of, but maybe someday, if I ever can, I'll have all my research done. Meanwhile, if I can get out of the financial mess I'm currently in, maybe I can make do with something else for awhile. I think that's enough about me. Hell, that's more than I've said about myself in the last 20 years.

Guest Macnoz

welcome stickman

If you are sucessful at getting out of the financial mess you are in it will be good practise for getting into aviation 'cause then I guarantee you a much bigger mess awaits

Guest Bretto
If you are sucessful at getting out of the financial mess you are in it will be good practise for getting into aviation 'cause then I guarantee you a much bigger mess awaits

LMAO 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Yeah between costs of getting licence and buying an aircraft you'll be up around some mortgages i know of lol

All in good fun though, no other experience like it