an Hour around Narrandera

Ultralights

as the title suggests, a smattering of pictures taken during my time fly at Narrandera.

Lining up Runway 05

Mid downwind 05

Finals 05

This made for an interesting day

Leeton

training area south of Narrandera, lost of places for forced landings, if you dont mind the 10 mile hike to the nearest farmhouse.

Wally in his Immaculate Thruster, sadly wind averaging 10 to 15 kts every day meant i missed out on my Taildragger endorsement

Griffith. joining downwind

Downwind runway 32. Narrandera.

It wasnt until the last day there that i learned that my Grandfather, used to be a flying instructor there during the war years teaching on Tiger moths!

get out there and visit Wally, a really top bloke and a fascinating character!

Guest High Plains Drifter

Ultralights, in the picture "This made for an interesting day", what is it in the middle of photo ?

that would be a round Sapphire mentioned in a thread in the incidents and accidents section.

i thught long about posting this pic, but seeing as thee is a similar one in circulation in the local newspaper, not only that its a testimate to the strength of the sapphire that the pilot was unharmed. oh i have a few more pics as well.

YNAR

finals runway 14

why they grow rice in this dry part of the country is beyond me, all that rain in the tropics! an no rice crops.

• 2 weeks later...