Popetams

I'd suggest Sydneysiders have a good look at the NOTAMS to check for temporary restricted areas associated with World Youth Day. (The day that goes for a week or so).

From 15 July to 21 July Sydney Harbour and the Parramatta River area is closed except for RPT floatplanes or helicopters with permission from CASA. For a few hours on the 17th, it is completely closed - well, permission is required from the Police.

Also there is one at Kenthurst SFC to 2000 with a 2 mile radius and a GPS position given, just in case anyone wants to know where the Pope is staying. It's in the Richmond zone, but that's not usually active on weekends.

Guest David C

Mazda .

Thanks for the info ... I don't think I will be going anywhere near the area , either in the air or on the ground for that matter , however , it's importaqnt that all pilots are aware of the restrictions ..

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

Will make it interesting at Freemans Reach this morning (Richmond) as he arrives later in the day. Going Aerochuting. No doubt we will have to stop for a while.

Guest David C

Have a good fly Darren ... and remember to heed the advise of Ricmond Tower , especially if you here " Aeroshute 123 , you are number 2 , number 1 is an Alitalia 777 callsign Shepherd 1 , expect wake turbulance on final " ..keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

Callsign was Alitalia 400. We had well and truly stopped flying by the time he arrived. Police even came into the airfield (buggered if I know how they found it) earlier in the morning and asked us to make sure we ceased flying by 12.00pm. Pope was very low on downwind leg right above the Aerochute airfield. Was very strange to see an Alitalia 777! The place was absolutely crawling with police too. Pilot advised 81 pax and 18 crew onboard.