Just Landed...YMMB

Guest Rob France

Guest Rob France

G'day all.

Robert here, just landed from RVAC at YMMB.

PPL on my way to commercial - after a miscelleny of careers, it was time to do what i always wanted to before I have to retire from flying in 15 years!

Always on the lookout for new and interesting places to fly to, especially airflieds that serve good coffee, food, and have a great view.

Anyone know of any great fields or strips you could drop into for a picnic and a swim?

What about unusual sights en-route? (preferably of the more permanent nature)

I also will be flying with my best buddy, a 5 year old kelpie x husky, so dog friendly places to sty would be great too.

BlueSkies

Rob

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif RobFrance,

You`re welcome on my field and there`s plenty of 1st class swiming holes in the area,might be a bit far however,as I`m 45k south of Cairns,Queensland.

Cheers,

Frank.

Guest Rob France

Hey, Thanks Frank.

Not too far in the PC-12.... oh, bugger, I don't own one.

I have to go to Longreach and Richmond at some time soon, so you may yet see my wings

R

Guest tezza
Always on the lookout for new and interesting places to fly to, especially airflieds that serve good coffee, food, and have a great view.

Rob

Gday Rob, do a google on Asses Ears Wilderness Lodge ( Grampians) havent been there yet but heard good things about it and am planning to go there soon.

I am in a similar boat to you, but prolly a little older, 47 with a PPL and slowly working on the CPL ( done 5 of the exams with Human Factors booked for 2 weeks, leaving the dreaded air law to last). Although I am not seriously looking at a new career , you never know what the future holds.