Tyre life extender ?

Guest High Plains Drifter

Came across this in another forum.

Chap paints onto his tyres "Herculiner paint on bedliner" - I assume the paint is for the inside if Ute trays ?

The results - cleaned them well (The tyres) and wiped them down with thinner.... two light coats then drying for couple days.... mounted on cub and went out and landed on everything from gravel, rocks, shale, sand and even blacktop...spent several hours beating them in the ground....

with the rough finish I thought they might grab on pavement like crazy but no diff. from before...and they are flexible, look like new...the stuff seems to have just attached it's self to the old rubber.

I'm wondering if anybody has had experience with simular ?

May-be something to put onto tyres before they start wearing.

Interesting idea but I'd be more interested to hear about the mid to longer term efforts on the rubber. I thought rubber is pretty sensitive to degradation and putting any sort of solvents on tyres doesn't sound like a great idea. I'd be concerned that the tyres might fail unexpectedly rather than wear consistently.

Regards, Mathew

Interesting idea but I'd be more interested to hear about the mid to longer term efforts on the rubber. I thought rubber is pretty sensitive to degradation and putting any sort of solvents on tyres doesn't sound like a great idea. I'd be concerned that the tyres might fail unexpectedly rather than wear consistently.

Much what I'm thinking Mathew, still, never know what new workable ideas are out there :)

markendee, you think along simular lines to me :thumb_up: