First Solo Flight

First Solo Flight

YLIL – Lilydale Sunday 17/08/08 13: 30

After being ready to go solo for a couple of months now my instructor Graeme finally allowed me to embark on a dream I have had since a young boy. At 50 years of age after a few practice circuits I found myself lined up in the Jab 160 on runway 18L on my own about to fly an a/c solo. As I accelerated along the runway I could not believe the feeling I had as the Jab leaped into the air. Once airborne I was surprised at how relaxed I was. My first landing was probably the best I have ever done. The Jab just floated about 6 inches of the runway and then landed on the mains first. Another two circuits after that which were almost as good. Then back to greet my instructor who congratulated me on my performance. I am looking forward to many more experiences flying and hope one day to be able to buy my own a/c and travel around Australia.

I would also like to comment on how informative this forum is and would like to thank all those who have contributed. :big_grin:

John, Congratulations 20 odd years ago did the same thing on 36R what a feeling. The next best was solo around the training area around the hills. Congrats and keep going.

Guest pelorus32

There are few things that you never forget....and you've just experienced one of them.

Congratulations and enjoy it.

Regards

Mike

Guest steadythelead

Congtratulations John,

I cant wait for the time when I can post my own thread on the subject.

Isnt it wonderful when we can experience such freedom

John A

Guest steadythelead

Hi Phil

Yes, on the 17th as well as yesterday, Yesterday morning was mighty windy so flight was cut short.

Can I ask why you asked?

John

Hi Phil

I flew today. Did 4 circuits with my instructer then another 4 solo.

All went very well. Once I have done 3 hours solo I will then start to do more out in the training area again. Cant wait

Regards

John