G'day

Nostalgair

G'day all,

I just came across your forum and thought I'd drop by.

I live in NSW and fly a Piper Tomahawk; time permitting. I also write for aviation magazines and did a piece on Recreational Aviation in Australia a while back. The quality and diversity of machines available is amazing.

I'm keen to see the galleries and hear about some of the varied craft that are out there.

Cheers

Owen

Guest basscheffers

Welcome Owen!

How's the Tomahawk? If we get the 760 kg rule in, it could well qualify for RA-Aus, if you lower the stall a bit (to 45 kt or lower, I believe it is 46 standard) with after-market wing tips. Should be able to fly it cheaper than you do now; I am keeping an eye on that possibility for sure as there seem to be a few on the market for reasonable prices.

Cheers,

Bas.

Hi Bas,

The Tomahawk is a great little machine.

I must admit also to being interested in the Sadler Vampire's re-emergence. I see that they are now produced a hop, skip and a jump from here at Wollongong.

[ATTACH]6368.vB[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Owen

1699939677_WebPA38.jpg.4046ca77216a6073c1f23eee348cdd64.jpg

G'day Owen, welcome to the forums, although I've only been here myself a few days, I assure you it's good fun:thumb_up:...

I've been looking at your website, you've got some nice looking photos, I particulary like the bi-plane on your home page...

I don't fly anything as yet but am saving up the dollars so I can get a licence of some sort, I particulaly like the RA-Aus set up...

Cheers

Tom:thumb_up:

Thanks Tomo,

That biplane is a Tiger Moth that I used to own. I'll try and build up some more still images on the website for folks to have a look at.

I got a bit sidetracked by making some vids from airshows, etc that I'd attended and subsequently posted on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/ozupp

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers

Owen

Yes Thought it must of been a Tiger Moth, Very nice...

Tell you what Amberly air show is coming up on the 4-5th of October, that is deffinetely a good place for photos and videos etc... I'm hoping that where able to go:thumb_up:

all the best,

Tom:thumb_up: