Different Trike Manufacturers

Hi all....thought it would be a good conversation topic to get owners opinions on the Pro's and Con's of different Trike manufacturers. I notice that some makes of Trike are a lot cheaper second hand on the Australian market and want to know if this is because of cheaper new prices or not so good quality as our own Australian brand. I dont want this to be a slanging match at any brand, im interested in learning about the different Trikes that are available here in Australia. Im keen to learn about the handling of different models, availability of spares and product support etc. Looking forward to learning about what is out there.

Scotty :thumb_up:

Hi Andy,

Well I have seen the Quantum in Pacific Flyer magazine at a reasonable price. Surfing around on the net last night I noticed the Aeros Range as well from Norway. I like the look of the Aeros2. I have emailed the agent here in Australia to see about costings etc. I want to know what brands are here in Australia and if there are any issues with any of them. How they have gone when needing parts etc.

Scotty

Guest MundooTriker

With Pegasus, I got no response from either Australia or UK.

I think Aeros is a Ukraine brand. Their Skyranger 3Axis is in Aust, but no trikes I think.

Some wings appear on different models such as Aquilla and Aerotrike.

Regards Andrew

Hi Andrew...thats the kind of feedback we need. Customer support is a biggy and if they cant be bothered replying, well.....:hittinghead:

Your right the Aeros are Ukraine. I was looking at a Norwegian site...doh! 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Still like to hear about what else is out here.

Scotty :big_grin:

Hi all,

Contrary to Andrews experience, I was more than happy with the service I recieved recently when I needed a part for my Pegasus wing. When the first one arrived damaged they sent out another without waiting for the return of the first and were always courteous and helpful.

Having said that I think I would rather be maintaining the local product simply because of the logistics involved in dealing with a company on the other side of the world.

There doesn't seem to be many overseas brands with a strong dealership in Australia, I notice a bloke is going to try his luck selling American Apollo trikes in Melbourne but is already concerned that the exchange rate has eaten away his profit margin.

But I guess if you like the product enough a little wait now and again (for parts to arrive) won't worry you ;)

Regards Bill

Hi Scotty,

I have flown an Airborne XT912 with a Cruze wing early in my training as well as my Pegasus Quantum 582 with Q2 wing. Other than the difference the 912 provides I don't think there is a lot of difference in handling but you need to see that in the context that I only have about 25 hrs total in either and my Airborne experience was very early in my career when I was concentrating on a lot of things other than comparing flying characteristics 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Regards Bill

• 3 months later...

Hey guys.. nice topic... just a view to consider! Basically for the past two decades Australia has been dominated with Airborne machines.. with a few Pegasus, Mainair & Air Creation machines arriving upon our shores in limited numbers. The Aeros is a very good wing and I have flown most of all the wings available in my career. The choices we have as pilots is restricted by democracy mostly. Customer service, availablity of parts or many other issues in owning your own machine is not really the point - its just that the cost is the main reference we look at when buying our freedom machine.

If Airborne were to Pitch Test their wings as with their hang gliders..you would see a much greater price on the Airborne trikes!! All other manufacturers DO flight test the wings on Pitch Rigs - that's the price difference.

The overall handling is a personal choice if you fly and compare all that is available.

Inflight stability is mandatory - no matter the price - think about it!

Merry Christmas - Smooth flights

Chris :yin_yan: