raa at Coffs Harbour area

Guest Robbo

GDay allI have been considering for a while to ave a go at converting to RAA from GA. I am heading up to the Coffs Harbour area for a week shortly . Does anyone know of an RAA school up that way as I may just get around to doing the conversion whilst Im there? What aircraft do they use if you know any. I am undecided on what type to have a lash at:)RegardsPaul

Guest pecram air

In answer to your question

G'Day,

My Mate lives at Coffs, He has a Bantam that he keeps at South Grafton Strip. Niels was telling me there is a fairly new school there with a good selection of aircraft Jabs etc. Coffs itself is CTA and I dont know of any RAAus schools.

Regards,

Phil C.

Coffs RAAus

G'day all

I was at the Airshow up at Coffs on the weekend. The Coffs Harbour aero club have just bought a J170 which I believe is $170 per hour with instructor. I think membership was only $30-40 dollars or so - don't quote me on that though. They also have a PA28 for hire.

One other issue to check with them would be what their arrangements are for training purely RAAus students prior to the RAAus CTA endorsement coming into effect.

Cheers

Guest Andys@coffs

My Parents live slightly north of Coffs while I live in Adelaide so I often fly the 230 over that way via Narromine. As Coffs is Class D airspace for the times that I need it South Grafton is the closest place I can land and tie down. I believe that the club there has recently added as 230 and there is a local instructor available.

The drive back from Sth Grafton takes much more time than the decent past my parents place. I for one am really looking forward to the CTA endorsement.

Andy