Microair 760 radio burnout

Guest rosco triker

Guest rosco triker

Hi all you trikers, I would like to ask the question of anybody using Microair 760 transceiver if they have experienced any trouble with the radio not transmitting as it should , I have just been to the local radio man and he informs me that my 760 if fried, At this moment i would like to swear profoundly but I will withhold any distaste that I now feel for my little radio,18 months old and not working,(Bugger) I am hoping that if I get this reapired that it is worth repairing,can any body tell me its worth it please.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Guest Andys@coffs

Rosco

As an ex radio technician I suggest that the expression "your radio is fried" may be a bit harsh.

I suggest that you bundle it up and send it to Microair in QLD for a quote to repair. The damage would need to be immense to justify a "beyond economical repair" for this type of radio. When you ask Microair for the quote ask them to also speculate as to the cause of the issue. Fixing the radio and then putting it straight back into the environemnt it came from without unerstanding why it did what it did is a recipe for 2 credit card charges rather than just one.....

Andy

P.S My 760 in my Airborne Edge X has been there for about 5yrs without issue. As such a trike of itself isnt a more harsh environment than any other open cockpit aircraft. As such Id be inclined to think more that it relates to this install rather than trikes in general

Guest MATT912

Hi Rosco,

I have had the same issue with my 760. Could receive but nogo when transmitting. As the Circuit Cards are fairly basic, I had a look and it was obvious. I had burnt bits. Replaced a couple of transistors and off I went. I don't recommend giving up as they are expensive little blyders. MicroAir Techs appear to be very good.

Matt

Guest Maj Millard

Mic 760 user

Hi Rosco I have a 760 in the Light wing and it has been flawless. People actually comment on the quality of tranmissions etc. I wouldn't mind having the dough to also fit one of thier transponders. Somebody of the radio tech persuasion once told me that it they had simply fitted a higher quality (capacitor ??) to the unit that they would probabily go for ever !.