Calvin Grove (YCVG) SA

Guest basscheffers

Guest basscheffers

I just found Calvin Grove (YCVG) right in the middle of the Edinburgh military CTR.

Looks like a nice little airstrip, with some hangers and what seems to be a couple of planes, including what looks like a crop duster. ERSA doesn't have much on it, which is strange considering its location.

Does anyone know what goes on here? Just an agricultural strip with the operators having a special dispensation to operate in Edinburgh airspace?

Guest airsick

I think it is just used for crop dusting. As for the special dispensation I would have thought they would just have the usual gear for CTA - transponder and radio - and request clearance.

Guest basscheffers

I thought military CTAs weren't like normal CTAs and you needed a darn good reason to be in there before you got clearance - just because it is a convenient route doesn't count.

Or am I wrong in thinking in that?

Guest Maj Millard

500 ft ???

500 feet for an ag plane is high, most of them would get a nosebleed at that altitude ! I went for a fly with one once, we sprayed about six different cane fields and I don't think we got above 200 Feet !!!!!!!.....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif