Skymap IIIC Woes

PaulN

091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Hi,

I have a Bendix King Skymap IIIC GPS (WR3866) with software revision V1.22 ANZ 09/06.

When I turned on the GPS (in the aircraft with the engine running) while setting up for my most recent flight, the GPS came up with a message on the screen "WARNING: Internal batteries are low or not present. Replace batteries as soon as possible or user data could be lost." It also offered me the OK button to select which when doing so brought up another message "WARNING: Corruption has been detected in the following areas of memory. These areas have been restored with the previous valid data ... User Waypoints; Flight Plans; Set-up Parameters; Notepad; Flight Log."

I then hit the next OK button to find that all my flight plans were void of data and the map also would not display. Aaarrgggghhhh!!

Nor previous warning was ever offered. Now I have nothing.

What has happened and what must I do to restore the GPS to operational status again? Also, can someone point me to an Australian agent for the Skymap?

Paul

GPS Woes

Might be relevant. I also lost all the map data etc on the AVMAP gps in my j230c. It was resolved by the local agent by fitting a new map plug in card. Different GPS, same fault. I think I perhaps caused it by starting the aeroplane with the avionics on. That or a transient in the barely adequate Jabiru wiring. Going to fit one of those huge capacitors (1 Farad) that the kids put in their car stereos, the ones that go Dooof doof....031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

regards

Marcus

Capacitor

I said 1 FARAD....:ah_oh: they are enomous, with a huge transient capacity. Available for the kiddies DOOF Doof amplifiers in what they think are cars...:)

Marcus