Just Landed

jeff loton

Hi, my name is Jeff and I live in Bunbury, which is in the South West of beautiful Western Australia - I joined RA a couple of months ago. I started flying in the 80's, but havent done that much recently, mainly in C152 and C172 as a GA pilot. I have recently purchased a Tecman Sierra which I am currently getting endorsed on. I am looking to change from GA to RA over the next couple of weeks, hopefully that is a great idea. Also hoping that I can encourage my two teenage children and wife to take up this great sport.

Regards to all, Jeff. ;)

Guest Brett Campany

G'day Jeff, I'm up near Perth but come down to Bunbury Flying School for all my lessons, will be down there Monday and Tuesday to knock over a few hours. Welcome along to the site, some excellent advice and stories here!

Might see you down that way in the near future!

Brett

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Jeff,

Weather or not your change to RAA is "A great idea", dependes on your expectations.

I`m solely a recreational pilot,I started flying true Ultralights back in the mid eighties when we couldn`t go above 500` AGL. and the AUF/RAA was just begining,I`ve been a member for all of that time and have flown numerous different types from the Wheeler Scout to the Zenith 701 and something I called, A garden chair with a wing tail and something that resembeled a motor.

I own the second Certified Drifter that "Austflight Aviation" built, which is one of the aircraft that allowed for the start of twin seat Ultralight,now called "Recreational Aviation", instruction and I used it for many years for my school, I fly from my property and still go up,regularly and will continue to do so for as long as I can.

I know there`s not a lot of RAA schools in WA so you might bump into a guy called Steve,I`m not sure of the last name,I think it`s, Vette, he did some flying with me many years ago when I was instructing,now runs his own school somewhere over there,if you do,Please tell him,"G`Day from Frank from Deeral".

Cheers,

Frank.