Swanny

Guest Swanny

Guest Swanny

Hi All

Just starting at 58

Had a TIF at Boonah before Christmas and will start this month with my first lessons.

Good times adhead

Have a great year all and be live cowards.

Guest Swanny

Hi Frank

Thanks for the welcome. I'am very keen to get started ASAP

Airsport has a Tecnam P96 Golf which is my choice over the Drifter they have, I think the Drifter will be fun after I have my licence It will give low speed and tail drag indorsements I beleive but one thing at a time.

Thanks again

Owen

• 1 month later...
Guest Evan Cameron
Hi AllJust starting at 58

Had a TIF at Boonah before Christmas and will start this month with my first lessons.

Good times adhead

Have a great year all and be live cowards.

Welcome to Boonah, I did my ppl conversion to RAA with Greg and Ian at airsport Qld.Quality instructors.Boonah is a great field to fly out of.Try and do your flying early in the day, less traffic and less turbulance.Cheers, Evan.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest Maj Millard

The P92 is a great little aircraft, but don't miss the opportunity later to experience the magic of the Drifter. Enjoy every hour, and keep your eyes open............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Welcome Swanny...

I had the same difficulty choosing whether to learn in the Drifter or a J120, I decided to give the Drifter a go, and Boy it was a great decision, The Drifter is a fun little aircraft to fly, Keeps you on the ball, especially when its windy... and it certainly teaches you to use the rudder... And if the "outdoors" thing is bothering you at all, you just have to give it a go and that will soon change...

But which ever one you choose, I guarantee you, you will enjoy it!

Welcome to Boonah, I did my ppl conversion to RAA with Greg and Ian at airsport Qld.Quality instructors.Boonah is a great field to fly out of.Try and do your flying early in the day, less traffic and less turbulance.Cheers, Evan.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi Even

Thanks for the heads up I have already decided that's the best course to tahe and now have 5 hrs up and just started stalls. Airsport now have a Savage Cub very nice looking aircraft.I havent had a ride in the Drifter yet but is on the agenda. First things first. I am finding things hectic in the office up there so best to settle to one type first I think.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

Regards

Owen

Welcome Swanny...I had the same difficulty choosing whether to learn in the Drifter or a J120, I decided to give the Drifter a go, and Boy it was a great decision, The Drifter is a fun little aircraft to fly, Keeps you on the ball, especially when its windy... and it certainly teaches you to use the rudder... And if the "outdoors" thing is bothering you at all, you just have to give it a go and that will soon change...

But which ever one you choose, I guarantee you, you will enjoy it!

Hi All

Its great to have your encouragement and yes i'm having a great time getting back into study and practical but what best is to have good instructors and a fantastic atmosphere.Tomo I think that the outdoors will be ok I drive am MGB. Bec watch the skid ball.Thanks Maj. I like your quote and yes time is on our side and we must enjoy and appreciate what we have and the freedom to fly.

Thanks All

Owen