Nice Sonerai at The Oaks

Went for a Fly on Tuesday at The Oaks and I met an old chap who had completed a 2 seat low wing Sonerai. After sitting in the aircraft I felt the Sonerai bug bite. what a great little plane. It was powered by a simple formula Vee Volkswagen engine with all the basic features. One thing I noticed was the room inside, I'm 6'3" and all the length is in my legs and I had no trouble fitting, plus the seat was comfortable too.

Seem like a real candidate for the new aircraft list. but I would rather a Jab 2200 motor instead of the Vee.

Anyone flow one of these planes? A little feed back would be welcomed.

Guest David C

I know the aircraft you are referring to , however , the "old chap " is my uncle , a very sprightly and young at heart senior citizen . It is a beautiful little aircraft , built over many years and flying now for about 9 months . He is a member of this forum , not a regular poster though . I will pass on your comments , perhaps he may logon and reply ..

Dave C

I know the aircraft you are referring to , however , the "old chap " is my uncle , a very sprightly and young at heart senior citizen . It is a beautiful little aircraft , built over many years and flying now for about 9 months . He is a member of this forum , not a regular poster though . I will pass on your comments , perhaps he may logon and reply ..Dave C

Your uncle is a champ. His plane is exactly what I would like to build, of course I would like to get it built a little quicker. That night I joined the Sonerai forum lol. Have you had a fly in it?

Guest David C

He is a champ , you're right .. He's been an inspiration to me , and many others too over the years . Did he mention the KR2 he is building now ?? , and also the boat he built .

I haven't flown his Sonnerai . It is a two seater of kinds , however , to be realistic it really is a single seater ... I doubt whether it would get airborne from The Oaks with us two heftys in board ;) anyway !! ..

He is a member of the SAAA Ch2 ( Camden ) . I recommend it to you to check them out . A greater bunch of avid aviation enthusiasts and builders you will never find ..PM me if you wish and I will give you further details ..

cheers

Dave C

during the day we chatted for a few hours, I think the kr2 is going to be a big hit, a guy on the site named Adrian Lewer picked it as the best all rounder and like your uncle I think he is right.

I don't know much about the SAAA but I read some publications by them and they seem to be into some really cool stuff.

Sonerai at the Oaks

Thanks for the accolades fellas, it may have taken many years to complete, but as know, the pleasure is in the makeing. :clown: It's now flown about 35hrs and is now performing great. 110-120kts at 3000revs. Now it's on to the KR2.