I am going to the US soon, RA-AUS equivalent over there?

moy71

Guest Brett Campany

Get in contact with EAA - The Spirit of Aviation - Oshkosh, WI and they might be able to help. I'm still waiting on a response from a mate of mine over there. I've got a feeling it'll either be a flat NO or you'll have to do a stringent check flight with someone over there.

Don't give up on it though, get a few opinions from people over there and if I hear something from this mate of mine, I'll post it here.

you will be able to fly the basic light weight 103 class no problems but they now have LSA up and happening that will require you to have the appropriate rating. the EAA will give you information on what is required

some links that may help

www.EAA.org/ultralights [email protected]

www.sportpilot.org [email protected]

www.EAA.org/chapters [email protected]

join the EAA as they have acess to cheap domestic airfares and car hire discounts as well as other member benefits.

If you are going to Airventure there is a site where you can put your name down and fnd someone flying in with a spare seat.

Be prepared to be blown away by the amazing hospitality and the way the organisation runs.

ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

The US equivlent used to be the United states Ultralight Assocation (USUA), they should still be around. I was member No.A001440, just tell them you know me Ozzie and they won't let you within 50 yards of an aircraft !!...............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

And PS: funny thing is , the air over there is just the same as it is here.....087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Thank you everyone who assisted, I now have a direction to go. I am mainly interested in flying (if possible) the variety of LSA they have there...that cessna skycatcher is one plane i'd like to see up close (fly if i could) too.

Sun and Fun In Florida is coming up in Aprilt his event has been going for about 30 years it is huge. every manufacturer has a stand.

didn't know this one existed. will try to find out more....

Thank you!!!!