Production U/C Beams - Latest

Guest TOSGcentral

Guest TOSGcentral

The new undercarriage carry beams are now in production. Two prototypes have been trialled and the first three production beams are being sent to their owners tomorrow after I have finished some final work on them.

The beams come in a kit comprising – beam, four spacers, and ‘how to do it’ notes. I am posting a full copy of these notes on these forums so owners can see what is going on.

I am NOT copyrighting the notes so you are free to download them if you wish. However the Engineering Order IS Copyright to Southdown Aero Services and TOSG.

This Engineering Order preserves the CAO 95.25 Compliance of the aircraft, keeps it legal and mainly allows it to be used in Flying Training Facilities. Each example of the beam has a unique serial number engraved into it with a master record having to be kept by TOSG and a Release Note that goes in the aircraft’s log book. This will give owners future protection against any allegations of ‘illegality’ or non-compliance.

At $680.00 each (plus $15.00 freight) these kits are not cheap but they are a long way ahead of scrapping your aircraft because you bent the undercarriage, or leave yourself open to litigation and no insurance because you installed a ring in ‘good idea’!

Because of cost I am unable presently to keep stocks. Therefore beams are hand made to order and a three week delivery time may be expected. I hope to work up to a point where I have one or two beams in stock but have to chew up a lot of Engineering Orders first so we can have other legal parts for the Thrusters.

It is a big help to my fabricator in stopping price escalation if these beams can be made in batches of 3 or 4. So if you want one then get an order in and another batch will be made.

Aye

Tony