RAA Schools with Tecnam near Sydney

Guest pelorus32

Guest pelorus32

I'm wondering if anyone can point me at an RAA FTF near Sydney that trains in a Tecnam - preferably a P92?

I have a friend who's interested in converting from heavier aircraft. He's a bit tall so the Jab and others like it just don't fit him in.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Mike

Guest pelorus32

Hi Marcus.

this guy is your height but has extremely long legs vs back. He can't make it work in a J160.

Regards

Mike

Guest Fred Bear

If he can't fit in a J160, he won't fit in a Tecnam. I'd suggest that they are smaller than a J160.

He won't fit in an LSA55 Jab but should fit in a 160.

Could also try a Sportstar - I'm 6" 4' and have plenty of leg and head room in ours.I started in Gazelles and progressed on to Jabirus...never wanted to spend more than an hour in either due to being cramped, can handle up to3 hours in the Sportstar no probs...bladder gives in after that.

Cheers,

Matt.

• 1 month later...

Pelorus,

There is a Tecnam P92 based at Narrendera, the CFI's name is Wally Rudin, a very experienced pilot. He is a very well known pilot in Ra-aus

Go to www.airwings.com.au and take a look at his site.

In my opinion, A J160 and Tecnam are much the same in room, Although, the tecnam is ideal for tall people as it has the room to be able to stretch out and not being cramped around the joystick with their knees with plenty of height left for their head.I have had passengers the same height and commenting on the leg room differences froma rangeaircraft such as the Jab's,Gazelles and even cessna's.If they are bigger around the waist, The J160's and the Tecnams are much the same, in shoulder room. The sportsters are also good aircraft for taller people.

There is a Tecnam P92 going online early next year based in Mudgee NSW( about 4 hours from Sydney )and will offer accomodation for students wishing to complete their license in one hit. Sometimes this is prefered for busy business people and is great just to focus their minds on flying in a different setting/lifestyle.

I find that the Tecnam's based at Bankstown and similar airports around the city have a fairly high operation/instruction fee. bateo