"Memory Lane" - A Caution

Guest TOSGcentral

Guest TOSGcentral

I am putting in a note of caution that I would particularly wish younger and less experienced pilots to take on board.

In this series I am going back decades and describing things the way they were. It was the environment that we were brought up in and knew no better. In a lot of circumstances responsible training methods were still being hammered out and put into place.

Some of the incidents and circumstances that I recall may interest you or amuse you – but be very careful. Do not try them at home or you may get badly hurt.

I, like other senior members of these forums, survived those years and hopefully came out wiser and safer pilots. What happened way back when may not have been too clever and certainly all of my peers may have a collection of impressive log books like myself. That does not make us right – only survivors!

We all also have memories full of friends and acquaintances that died or were maimed!

Read and be entertained, maybe educated in various areas – but stick with your current regulations and fly to them. The book that they are written in was written in the blood of those in the times that I recount now.

Ya’All take care out there!

Tony