Garmin GPS12 problem

Clayts

Hi all,

I am having trouble with my Garmin GPS12. It will not get past the 'welcome' page.

The unit is about 10 years old but hardly used and like new and upto now performed flawlessly.

Anyone out there had this problem?

Guest Maj Millard

No I use one all the time and have had no probs, have you gone to the Garmin web site and had a look ?....Could it be a low batt, or below required operating voltage.............................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Yes done that put new batteries in it. I have started looking at Garmin sites etc and sent off the question off and will see what turns up.

May need to do the old fashion way and contact Garmin agent.

It quite possibly needs the internal battery replaced.

i don't know if the offer still holds but several years ago Garmin replaced the battery in mine free of charge because there had been a batch of below spec internal batteries

cheers

Davidh

Guest Maj Millard

If you do replace the int batt, do you loose all your stored waypoints by doing so ??...................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

If I remember rightly yes you do.

However

two points

1..my unit with the problem was a 11 plus not a 12 which is what I thought it was when I responded

2..If it is replaced by a Garmin service facility they have the ability to save and re load that data for you.

cheers

Davidh